Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Whats the right battery for GTSt ?

I spoke to Middlehurst today and was told the micra battery fits the GTSt (which it does).
Contacted Exide UK technical who contacted Nissan UK and the result was interesting to say the least.
Exide and Nissan confirm the micra battery is fitted to the Gtst but both also say that the Exide Japanese 031se fits ! Oh no it does not !
I resorted to using the ultimate weapon " the wife" who went along to the motosave outlet that supplied the battery. Tsunami coming !! Two hours later and a lot of phonecalls by the manager to just about every supplier in the country and to Nissan Uk and I got a result. Exide Japanese 005se classic c/w new pole adapters to fit to standard cables.
Firing up seems alot crisper but that may be an illusion from being without for just over a week.
Exide, Nissan uk and Motosave assure me that the 60A/H battery is Ok on the car, Exide were amazed the micra battery managed to fire the car up with just over 20A/H.

:D

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Nice post mate very usefull. Notes taken.
Mine still has the original battery with Skyline R33 label on it, so I guess it wont be long before I have to go down the same route.

E

·
0 Posts
Well done mate. The Mrs is definately a handy weapon.

Buster will you be upset to see it go? Have you considered helping it commit suicide (cant for the life of me remember the word for it)

E

·
0 Posts
Or you could just steam the label off a new battery & put it on yer old battery.

S

·
0 Posts
I just went into the local battery place and said I need the most powerful battery with small terminals to fit in this space.

job done £45 no hassle.

Simon

·
Registered
144 Posts
big.p

Info has been well handy:)

Cranking has been a little slower this week and on the coldest frostiest morning guess what.....................yep it turned over once then made a horrible clicking sound.

That will be dead then:(

Nice one mate:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts