Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cos its feckin broken again. :( :( :Uzi: :Uzi: :crazy: :mad: :mad:

Cruisin down the A27 this evening in the dark, yakking on the phone for about 3 mins ordering brake pads. Get off the phone and the water temp guage has gone off the scale. Normally the fecker never moves above the middle, whatever abuse I give her.

Pull over onto the hard shoulder with a feeling of dread and ache in my wallet..... Clouds of steam billowing from the bonnet already.

Left her for a minute or two and popped the hood.

Expansion tank for the RAD and also the grille below the windscreen on the drivers side (heater matrix area?) are producing so much steam I though some fecker was brewing up some tea for the whole damn country.

ANyways..... Theory at present is either the Thermostat is screwy or the water pump is on the off..... I filled her up with water and there's a drip under the centre of the engine bay which makes me think water pump.... Not sure why she'd steam from the grille under the screen as well though.

Got home ok, temp guage never moved again, but its losing water somewhere.

Fingers crossed the head and gaskets are ok.....

Anyone got any ideas? Apart from burning the *****, which is the current plan.

:(

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
sounds very similar to when my water pump went on my 200sx...it could have been worse mine sheered all my belts when it happened to me!

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Sounds like the gland seal on the drive shaft of your water pump. Sorry to hear of the probs, hope that the overheating hasn't done any other damage.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Ouch and Ouch and triple ouch Jock sorry to hear that mate. I hope you sort it all out.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just the man I wanted to speak to........

Got the belts done in January, 9000-10000 miles ago (all of 'em - ouch!).

What're the odds of you giving me a buzz on my mobile (I will PM it to you) to have a look at the car and figure out what the problem is? I think its the pump but not sure. Been meaning to pop up to your workshop for a while so this could be a good time....

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm..... Had a good look underneath today... And rethought the problem a little. There is evidence of a radiator/coolant fluid leak on the block just behind where the viscous coupler for the fan mounts on the engine, around where the bottom hose from the rad attatched to the block. Is this the thermostat area?
There is some manky water marks and water there, the same colour as the rusty brown sh*t that came out the rad last time I drained the system, so I am now thinking thermostat........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts