Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clean install a month ago , now its gone back to saving fookin pics as bmp , again , any one know how i can get it to save as , well jpeg, or any other file type i choose , not just fookin windas bitmaps ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
when you save a file or picture it should have under the name you want to call it and save file type as: and select JPEG ;)

If that doesn't work result to hitting the dam thing hard and telling it off :funny:

·
Registered
263 Posts
If it starts to save as bmp you need to empty all your cr*p files. Internet explorer and delete all offine content.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rod runner ya mongrel , linux is free, its also stable , but take some gettin used to , whereas windas is shite , and ya have to pay fer the ****

·
Registered (L)user
345 Posts
Hmmm...Friday night and we're talking computers ;)

Oh well.... ;)

I run Linux on my laptop (which I use 95% of the time) and at work. Only use Windoze for Flash/Premiere type stuff. For most other software there's a Linux alternative. Security-wise, Windoze is a shambles, and the nice thing about Linux (apart from the security) is the amount of free software out there.

Having said that - and this is quite a big 'having said that' - there's still a relatively steep learning curve with Linux. Mandrake is apparently making leaps and bounds in terms of usability for beginners, but with Linux it's best to try a number of different types (distributions) and find one that suits you. My preference is fedora

Quite honestly, if you can use a computer well enough to post to this forum, you can probably use Linux. Just don't expect your Granny to! :D

Still, loads of peoplea are happy with Windows - if it does what you want it to, just make sure to keep it up to date!

:cheers:

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
I'll get me coat..................

I can run windows XP no probs,with Norton protection,fast as french connection UK..

Anything else is way above me,unless it needs spanners :smoker:

Just got used to De-Fragging.................

All advice greatfully recieved.

Beep-Beep!!!!!

·
Registered (L)user
345 Posts
Road Runner said:
I'll get me coat..................
I can run windows XP no probs,with Norton protection,fast as french connection UK..
Sorted then - if it ain't broke... :D

Road Runner said:
All advice greatfully recieved.
Wise man once say....something. Doubt it was anything to do with Windoze tho :)

Road Runner said:
Beep-Beep!!!!!
Boo!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its bllooddy doing it again , i ve done all that stuff , twice , only save as bitmap , i dont want farkin bmp pic i want jpg back ,and i will stamp me feet

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
silly me .
and a joy it is to know your vast knowledge , of winadaws :angel:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Linux & windoze

Don't know if it will help, but there is a distro of linux that is easy to set up called Xandros. If you have a look at the many linux mags out there (wh smiths is a good place) they generally have discs on the covers. I've been wanting to try linux for some time (cos i hate windows).
This one loads itself up on a windows machine, partitions the hard drive for you and puts up a boot menu at the start, so you can choose whether to run linux or windows. Easy peasy...
Unfortunatly I don't have the disc anymore, as I gave it away. Tho' I'm sure you could source a copy on the net somewhere.
Hope this helps. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts