Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Power Fc arrived today, so being ever so slightly excited I just had to fit it-in the dark!!!

I had an boost error showing which was soon rectified via a search on google, thanks to our very own IanH, he had answered a question to the same error on Skylinesdownunder which was very useful, ta IAN

So after the initial worry with the engine warning light being on I took her for a quick blast, great!!

Two things worth mentioning though

1. My Injectors are running at about 93% on full boost (0.9)

2. The AFM was reading something like 4900mv which I suppose is pretty near to max if its a 5v sensor

So next jobs are to fit the Z32afm and get the fuel sorted by fitting the big pump thats doing a great job as a paperweight and getting the Adj fuel reg on(when it arrives)

GADGETS GADGETS, don't ya just luv em!!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Hi Pete,

Welcome to the world of power FC's, a great bit of kit, but without it you are blissfully unaware of whats happening in the engine bay :D

Paranoia rules....

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes just plug it in and away you go, I must say tho it feels a bit smoother at full boost

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Moschops - They come with a better map than the standard one and you can fit it and start driving straight away (after a few Commander menu changes).

Aha - Cheers mucka. My original AFM showed 4.8v at 1.0bar while my z32 AFM shows 4.555v at 1.2bar and my standard injectors showed 95% at 1.0bar so a z32 AFM and injectors are a good choice.

It's great to sit with the 4 point monitor on watching all my temps/knock/inj duty etc as it lets me see how the engines doin'

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't taken the time to look at the instructions properly but mine wasn't showing anything for Knock, is that a menu change Ian?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

I have found the stock map on the PowerFC to be inadequete for anything but gentle driving to the tuner to get tuned.

So just a note to advise new FC users that every car is different and to watch those knock levels for the first week or so if you insist on using the stock maps.

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Welcome sewid!

Ooooh, interesting. Pete mate, better read the instructions :)

Actually that's made me feel better as the cost of having it mapped has defo pushed it out of reach at the moment.

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Aha - on the "Monitor" screen select how many things you want, then it should show you a screen with all the choices available. Put number 1 by the 1st thing you want etc

I monitor inj duty, revs, water temp and knock (anymore and the display gets too small for me) with the peak hold fuction on so I can see the maximums.

You can download the FC manual from my website (RX7 version but monitor options are the same)

Sewid - I must have been lucky then as mine was a really good map with minimal knock 10-15 at most.

·
Registered
151 Posts
ahapartridge said:
1. My Injectors are running at about 93% on full boost (0.9)
I've got some stock 444cc R33 GTR injectors sitting here in a box if you fancy them for a sensible price ... they've covered about 45000 miles.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Don't they? What do you need to get them to fit a GTS-T then - I know that GTS people buy GTR injectors ... do you need the fuel rail as well?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts