Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i'm a newbie to this site, I have recently bought a '94 gtst and it was running great totally standard except for a K&N filter.
So i sent it to a local garage to have an exhaust built it now has a straight pipe from the front to the back box.
SOUNDS GREAT......
On the trip home from garage the car started hesitating, i just thought it was getting used to the new exhaust so i left it for a bit. Then the wife tells me it's been cutting out so I shouted at her for breaking the car and took it for a drive and yes it cuts out at any speed any rev hot or cold.
I have tried cleaning the air filter, resetting the ecu,and have used some red-ex.
But the prob is still there not as bad now as before, i am going to try and clean the aac tomorrow.
I have heard it could be the coil pack or the lamba sensor or over boosting.
Can anybody help the car ran perfect before the exhaust.

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
hay buddy the fact that it was running fine before the exhaust was replaced should point u in that direction,when u fit a free flowing exhaust your car will overfuel badly without some way of correcting it ie safc,so will have flat spots and a missfire due to fouling up. i suggest the first thing u do is get your original exhaust refiited and see if that cures your problem before spending any money on other stuff mate:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi the garage that fitted the exhaust specilise in jap mods and have been racing skylines for 10 years. They fit the same exhaust's to these cars all the time with no problems. I can understand what your saying though trouble is they took off the old exhaust and kept it ( they said the cat wqas damaged anyway)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with Big Chief, my car has done the whole cutting out thing, had a new lambda sensor installed at it was fine.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Yeh LAMDA

Jusy had the same prob, now sooooper:dogpile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts