Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I need to buy a new Sat Nav-that works without delay! I had a road angel, but it would take ages to find sats-Where ever you were! It would also give you little notice before a turning-so you could easily miss it!
I need the new one to pick up on speed cameras and not take ages to switch on and work.

Where are the best deals??

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
you cant go much wrong with the latest tomtoms.but even they still take a few mins to initiae(find min of 3 sats)i had been using a unit by advent.from pc world.this 2 was excelent.it gave u a count down in yards to next turn in a small window from 100yds.didnt hav cameras loaded tho.but the new model does.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
bigc82 some1 posted last week about charges for using copilot i got a free xda from 02 and bought the copilot software had a couple of bills with no exta charges on.do you hav to pay when using yours ????

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
no mate thats the new N95 that charges u data connection charges, because of the fly way that nokia have marketed there satnav they give u the device an receiver but no map so u have to connect thru the wap to get access to maps. i use an Mda same as ur Xda diff maker is all u connect thru ur satnav via gps bluetooth all free mate. i posted on that as well i know the one u mean

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
I've got a Tom Tom 700 and find it brilliant, tried a few like garmin first but just didnt like them, i lent the Tom Tom to both parents who have now both gone out and brought theirselves Tom Tom's

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think Tom Tom are leading the market, but where are the best deals on them???

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I use the Garmin StreetPilot i3 and the NavMan ic570, both are great :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
sat nav

Nothing really there, but thanks anyway mate.
just got on saturday tom tom 1 xl. brilliant £190 from q.v.c. had tom tom 1 before but not the wide screen that this one is . some one broke in to my truck and stole the old one :Uzi: used this one all week i travel all over the uk. this one i think is the best. other drivers at work use navman. gemini.etc not a patch on mine.

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just got on saturday tom tom 1 xl. brilliant £190 from q.v.c. had tom tom 1 before but not the wide screen that this one is . some one broke in to my truck and stole the old one :Uzi: used this one all week i travel all over the uk. this one i think is the best. other drivers at work use navman. gemini.etc not a patch on mine.
Is that the XL GB?:)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yes Xl. Gb/ireland...does Everthing..still Finding Things After A Week. DID GET ON q.v.c special offer.. worth a try... :boogy:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't know which make and models are included but I think Halfords (I know, I know) are doing a half price sale on sat-navs at the moment - it might be worth a look.

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't know which make and models are included but I think Halfords (I know, I know) are doing a half price sale on sat-navs at the moment - it might be worth a look.

Cheers mate,

Anyone got more info on this offer:confused: :)

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks mate.

Im looking at these 2.

SNOOPER INDAGO or Tom tom one anyone know of any deals on these?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts