Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, only found this site last night. Seems pretty good so far.

I'm thinking of getting an R33 gts and was wondering if there are any buyers guides/hints and tips, etc floating around online that I could look thru before going on the hunt!!

I've seen a few but thought it best to read up before getting too carried away!! Any advice will be gratefully received.

Cheers
Q..

·
Registered
952 Posts
go to somewhere like jap village. they get loads in or will order one in for you specially. ive had my beast since oct and its the best investment ive made. all the best and good hunting

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I've seen ads for Japvillage in Jap performance mag so i might take a look round next time i'm heading down to the coast!!

Q.

·
Registered
57 Posts
!!!

You are joking aren`t you?!?!?
Speak to someone like Dirk if you are hunting for a car or go to the for sale sections in here or the GTR website. Thats probably the best place to find a decent car that you know will have been maintained properly and looked after. Also the bhp figures will be proven instead of just guessed at etc
If i was you i would put an ad in the wanted sections of both websites and see what turns up!;-)
jason

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
the guy who buys for jap village also buys for newera the difference between the two is that jap village have a reputation for whacking a huge mark up on the car and newera don't i've also heard that jap village can be hard to deal with in terms of after sales service these are not my personal views just what i've heard but mud sticks if you throw enough of it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
i agree. i dont know the rep they have but i know they have a lot of skylines available to test drive

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
i think my advice would be to get a test drive,see if you like the car if you do like it get some insurance quotes,and if your on a budget think of running costs,then get some opinions on the value this site could help you there as there seems to be quite a few skyline owners on it! ;) good luck

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Getting one

As said before , you would be better off waiting from the right car from some one off one of the two forums.. more likley to have been well looked after..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jaffacake,

from personal experience mate and an awful lot of personal accounts!! Its perhaps not all of their cars but if you do get something wrong then the aftersales is pretty awful. Plus its fairly obvious they haven`t a clue about skylines or if they do, they must be blatantly bullshi**ing a lot of people.
Skylinegirl, pm me with your horror story if you dont mind.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Its all good to hear the bad with the good sales on any garage/tuner etc....but, please bear in mind that you will have to back up anything you say should these garage's or tuners be on this forum!! I dont want to see any libel action taken....lol....

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
I've heard nothing bad of Jap Villiage personally. Cars are of good quaility and value is not too bad from what I've seen. I would buy a car from them if they had one I liked, regardless of anyone elses bad experiences.

Unfortunately, people only really focus on the bad stories, and not all the good experiences that people have had!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like Jason have also bought my last skyline (look at avatar). Would be more than happy to answer any questions or queries. Just give me a pm.

Waqas

1 - 18 of 18 Posts