Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Whitey
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I don't know much about kit cars but I do know that this rocks. Need a civic type R engine to go in it but weighting only 900kg it would fly

There are some good vids on the site.

But how much experience do you need to build a kit car? Alot, or is it like a big lego set?

http://www.dynamic-performance.co.uk/

·
Club member
1,414 Posts
Don't know much about kits cars but think it might be abit more complicated than a lego set, more like a teknic lego set (the ones i could never do!)

seriously nice car tho, friends dad built himself a Dax Cobra i think..took him a fair while to build it.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
whitey said:
Now I don't know much about kit cars but I do know that this rocks. Need a civic type R engine to go in it but weighting only 900kg it would fly

There are some good vids on the site.

But how much experience do you need to build a kit car? Alot, or is it like a big lego set?

http://www.dynamic-performance.co.uk/
A basic mechanical knowledge, and toolkit will cover most of the bolt together side . A basic knowledge,ability and the necessary tools for reading wiring diagrams,folding aluminium, fibreglass cutting and moulding, manufacturing brakes pipes,riveting,welding, paint preparation and spraying ,part sourcing and refurbishment should about cover the rest of the build.
Most manufacturers will offer stage builds ie the more you pay the more you already get done before it reaches you.
Great satisfaction when its finished and built by yourself though.
Its not that difficult to put one together ,its doing it properly and well thats the clincher.
The alternative is what the rich twats do and thats buy a shitty k series caterham lol

·
Whitey
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok well I got about as far as having a toolkit so maybe I should just try and become a rich twat

·
Registered
346 Posts
Always wanted a GT40 with a big block in it, one round the corner for sale but £30 000 is about £29 500 over my budget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts