Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How am i gonna get my greasy mits on the steering wheel of a GTR.

I wonna own one, but being 21 think i may be dreaming.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr UK Cant wish me life away!

Eddie, the moody old git reckons i owe him £95k for him bringing me up. I'd probably pay him if i thought he'd done a decent job, its his fault i show you Mars bars whilst eating them and call myself Isaac Hunt.

Think i'll bleed the old man dry and see if it'll get me as far a as skyline, unless there are any better ideas...

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Dont know why he wants one of his own when he rides mine around whenever he fancys.

£95k and no interest, thats a special rate for family

·
Registered
106 Posts
R34 GTR Steering wheel.

Speak to Andrew Gray at Japanese Vehicle Sourcing,

Phone: 0131 448 2444

He offered me an R34 GTR wheel for £50. The only thing is, the airbag had deployed.

:confused:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Youngest GTR owners!

I think there are a few sub 20 owners, but the youngest owner of a modded GTR was 21 (on gtr.co.uk anyway)!

The trick isn't owning it though..... it's running it!

I was toying with the idea before I turned 25, but thought with the cost of insurance it wasn't worth it until I was older! I would never pay more than £2k insurance for anything!!!!

Then you have to start to think about how servicing, modding, petrol, etc... will eat your money. They aren't cheap to run!

Paul

·
Registered
953 Posts
they are great fun are expensive to run but are worth it
they wont be cheap but u will love every minute of driving it
lee

·
Registered
87 Posts
Totally agree!

My point was, not to rush into anything without looking at the running costs. You hear of so many younger owners buying Skylines/GTR's and having to sell them within the year due to high running costs.

A GTR would only set you back the cost of a new Golf, but don't think that if you can afford a Golf, you could afford a Skyline!

It's a different world!! My clear indicators cost me £180 +VAT. Even tyres will set you back £200+ a corner and don't even get me started on servicing/maintenance (and this has to be done every 3000-6000 miles)!?!?!

I don't mean to scare anyone, but there is a reason not everyone has one!

Paul

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
its a second car for me so will be used weekends and shows etc couldnt afford to run it full time ! thats why i got a diesel to keep the fuel bills down etc

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Smiffy you know whats bought this on mate. YOU ya [email protected] :D

Just got my Insurance renewal through for the Celica this morning (along with a hospital appointment). Bearing in mind i have been driving fir 4 years with no points no claims and 4 years NCD its still £1760 fully comp. Would not like to think what it would be on a GTR?!?

Totally agree with what Paul says, if i was not so planned with my dosh i would not be able to afford to run my Celica, so maybe i should wait till i'm an old boy like my old mate tonysmiff.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alex good idea..hmmm

Cheesebadger: Yeah tried that but got confused and dated a young lady with a Micra...ooops. *stops to think* Hang on is that an offer:D

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
wink wink go on kris :)
thought they were the same level for insurance wise its a skyline whether its turbo'd or not?? might b wrong

1 - 20 of 20 Posts