Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i don't have an r32 skyline but i'm interested in learning. I've heard a lot of numbers and it doesn't really make sense. ive heard stories of 1000hp daily driven cars, but from what i understand the gtr makes 280hp with 8-9 psi 320 with 14psi. so if i assume that this is a perfect world with no power losses through the engine and 14psi is double atmospheric pressure, double the air intake should double the horsepower. meaning the engine sans turbos makes about 140hp. to reach 1000hp, over 7x atmospheric pressure would be needed thats like 90psi of boost pressure. i considered that the engine would have to first be built to the teeth, i know from my research the the highest hp/l is 133. so assuming its built to those standards and has 345hp na, the turbos would need to be at almost 30psi. the effective compression ratio would be 25:1. thats miles into predetonation range, even passed ring failure range, possibly into headstud failure range. how is this possible?

·
Super Moderator
8,994 Posts
I think you need to go buy yourself a couple of books on engine tuning and forced induction as there is far more to it that just boost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts