Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see how your beverages are being secured! I really am getting tired of using the center console. I've got an r32 but, I'm sure some air vent holders are the same. Post them up!!

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
378 Posts
I would recommend NOT to use air vent cup holders. The R32 Skyline's air vents are notorious for breaking and they are have always been expensive to replace and now that parts are getting more difficult to source their prices are skyrocketing.

I found a place in the US that is making an insert for the cup holder that works better. Here it is installed in mine:

I wanted the flat black one, but they make a carbon fiber look type as well: Custom Cupholder & misc - CarbonWorkz

Superior Auto in Japan make an insert as well that also has what looks like an old phone opening as well:
Superior Auto Creative Stylish Drink Holder R32 BNR32 - RHDJapan

And if you can find it, there's a rare Nissan optional arm rest cover that had built in cup holders: R32 GTR/ GTS Optional centre console with cup holders - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend NOT to use air vent cup holders. The R32 Skyline's air vents are notorious for breaking and they are have always been expensive to replace and now that parts are getting more difficult to source their prices are skyrocketing.

I found a place in the US that is making an insert for the cup holder that works better. Here it is installed in mine:

I wanted the flat black one, but they make a carbon fiber look type as well: Custom Cupholder & misc - CarbonWorkz

Superior Auto in Japan make an insert as well that also has what looks like an old phone opening as well:

And if you can find it, there's a rare Nissan optional arm rest cover that had built in cup holders: R32 GTR/ GTS Optional centre console with cup holders - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GTR Owners Club forum
I like that, I like that a lot. I agree with you on the air vent holders, I just wanted to see if anyone was running them. I think the previous owner had one in my sky because one of the vent flaps is kinda loose. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
34 Posts

How well does that hold our big american sized drinks?

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
378 Posts
How well does that hold our big american sized drinks?
It doesn't but neither does the stock cup holder or add on holder I've seen... other than those horrible 90's ones that are made of plastic and hung on the door

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't but neither does the stock cup holder or add on holder I've seen... other than those horrible 90's ones that are made of plastic and hung on the door
Figures. No wonder why Takumi had to learn with those plastic solo cups. As long as it hold my Orange Juice in the mornings I'll be happy. Do I need to contact that website? I've never used a site like that one before.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You've not seen what is fitted to some of the jap cars then? They seem to fit a shelf with a cup holder.. seen a few fitted over the passenger airbag which aint the brightest of ideas!
VIP style, the little trays that bolt/screw into the passenger side right below the airbags, still seems kinda dangerous but it can look cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts