Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Nissan Skyline GTST
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for some help identifying an intake manifold that came with a 1993 Skyline GTST. I have searched other posts like this but haven't came across one like this.

There's no name brand or identification on it besides what appear to be some Nissan Casting numbers: NL0635. There is a few Nissan factory parts on it, it would almost appear as if someone had fabbed this up.

If anyone has seen something like this and could help identify it, I would appreciate it. Mainly looking for any documentation or instructions to install this, although I can imagine it would be the same as any other.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread
Black Gas Automotive wheel system Nut Machine
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Bicycle part Motor vehicle

Many Thanks!
Nic

·
Registered
1993 Nissan Skyline GTST
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a DIY job someone made in their shed. Unlikely its had any proper R&D or testing so wouldnt like to guess as what the flow is like
That is what I was feeling too. Thank you for your input.

Might be picking up something more professional in the future.

·
Registered
1993 Nissan Skyline GTST
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plazmaman is decent quality and actually gives overall performance gains. Greddy style loses midrange torque
For the Plazmaman options, I'm thinking the inlet plenum will be sufficient for everything I want to do with it. Would there be any benefit to getting the runner and inlet combo? Besides the form factor and tidiness?

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
Looking at it, I doubt it would perform any worse that some of the offerings out there that haven't had any R&D testing and probably flows somewhat better than the std item, so unless you're looking to extract ultimate power from the motor, I would give it a go and save yourself some money.

·
Registered
1993 Nissan Skyline GTST
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at it, I doubt it would perform any worse that some of the offerings out there that haven't had any R&D testing and probably flows somewhat better than the std item, so unless you're looking to extract ultimate power from the motor, I would give it a go and save yourself some money.
I'm looking to get around 350 - 400hp out of it, so nothing too insane. Thanks for your input.

People have mentioned the mid range torque loss when switching to a Front facing intake like the greddy style. Is this something that is quite noticeable?

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
It's basically intake runner length that will affect torque, but with a few other tweaks, I doubt you will notice the difference.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It would be interesting to try it and see what it's like. Won't do any harm.

·
Registered
1993 Nissan Skyline GTST
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's basically intake runner length that will affect torque, but with a few other tweaks, I doubt you will notice the difference.
It would be interesting to try it and see what it's like. Won't do any harm.
Thanks all for your input, I will give it a try!
I shall report back when i get it mounted.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts