Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
If its anything like mine its a bit of an awkward cow son to get off Jock. Four bolts, too close to the bulkhead, bit of a back ache bending in there.

Once its off, just blast the crap out with a can of carb cleaner.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool.... Had a look earlier. Got AAC valve stamped on a plaque on the rear of it.... Looks like 2 screws on mine, top and bottom.
Bottoms gonna be a total bar stewart as its scross from the ignition amp and loom, so how I am gonna get a screwdriver in at that angle I don't know.

Where's me hammer?

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Maybe you could get a flight trained chimp to do it for you Jock ;) :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whee.... I learned something today....

Whipped off the AAC valve (took 5 mins :D) and cleaned it out. It was FILTHY with soot. So, I gave the port into the plenum a scoosh or 4 with cleaner too. Then, I decided to stick my finger in and wiggle it around to get some grime off....

Bad idea. Got it stuck. TOok a lot of swearing and brake cleaner to get my finger out, which duly bled all over the inlet manifold... as well as inside it.

So, what did I learn? Well, that the mighty RB20DET runs very well on a mixture of air, optimax and about 200ml of my blood.....
Organic or what?

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
nice one Jock, the jobs not done until blood has been spilt :)

I might join the club and clean mine later and the throttle body too. Cant do any harm, well it can if i brake something and the chances of that are only ~70%

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.