Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
If its anything like mine its a bit of an awkward cow son to get off Jock. Four bolts, too close to the bulkhead, bit of a back ache bending in there.

Once its off, just blast the crap out with a can of carb cleaner.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool.... Had a look earlier. Got AAC valve stamped on a plaque on the rear of it.... Looks like 2 screws on mine, top and bottom.
Bottoms gonna be a total bar stewart as its scross from the ignition amp and loom, so how I am gonna get a screwdriver in at that angle I don't know.

Where's me hammer?

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Maybe you could get a flight trained chimp to do it for you Jock ;) :D

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Thats just the solenoid Jock, you may wanna take the body off with it as it all gets manky, hence my post above

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha.... Had a better look this afternoon down at GT-ART while chris was working on the car.... Got the O2 sensor cleaned today... Nice.

Mark.. Thought about that but they are all on a launch control course this week... ;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whee.... I learned something today....

Whipped off the AAC valve (took 5 mins :D) and cleaned it out. It was FILTHY with soot. So, I gave the port into the plenum a scoosh or 4 with cleaner too. Then, I decided to stick my finger in and wiggle it around to get some grime off....

Bad idea. Got it stuck. TOok a lot of swearing and brake cleaner to get my finger out, which duly bled all over the inlet manifold... as well as inside it.

So, what did I learn? Well, that the mighty RB20DET runs very well on a mixture of air, optimax and about 200ml of my blood.....
Organic or what?

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
nice one Jock, the jobs not done until blood has been spilt :)

I might join the club and clean mine later and the throttle body too. Cant do any harm, well it can if i brake something and the chances of that are only ~70%

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
er.......here comes the dumb question. What does the cleaning and bleeding blood on these bits do ?

I'll prob cut myself aswell. Normlly do !

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cleaning it... Well, when its less gunky it can moce more freely... Ergo it can control the idle its supposed to control more readily.

Bleeding is an optional extra, all it really does is give some vitamins and iron to the car.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No pics... Location:

On an RB20DET, its at the rear of the intake plenum, if memory serves. Brassy coloured (not as dark) thing that bolts into a hole in the back of the inlet manifold.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
No I dont care really, sometimes digging up an old un can be embarrasing for some, is all. There are pics of the valve on here somewhere by the way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts