Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to this site and find it very good. i do need some help with my skyline and hopefully someone can help me. i have a skyline gts rb20de non turbo, its been converted to manual gearbox, and thats all thats been changed on it. the problem is the idling is quite random for example..when i first start it idles good on about 800rpm, after driving around town i stop at the lights, idle goes to 2000rpm plus. another thing is, when i lift my foot off the excellerator, as i change from 1st to 2nd, the revs dont come down in between changes. any help would be much appreciated, thanks for your time. im unsure how to reset ecu.

·
Gloucestershire Area Rep
1,478 Posts
I dont think by reseting the E.C.U would make it better tho,but if u want to reset the E.C.U just remove one of the battery leads.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's a long shot... but check your accelerator regulator (in the engine bay). It may be tightly wound. If so, just unscrew it a little to relieve the pressure.

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
idle problem get a job then lol check under the bonnet give it a rev from there and see if it is returning propperly rules that out for starters then get a job oh and welcome to the mad house where you from bazgoku

·
Registered
732 Posts
Auxilury idle controll ??...the thing that causes up-down-up-down-up-down idle problem on the 2.5 engines. Try a search for how to clean it, always worth doing anyway. All the best in solving the problem. My throttle sometimes idles up to about 1500+ when it has no reason to, but im puting my problem down to plug and overfueling right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks alot everyone for your advice and will try them all out. im from wellington nz. can someone tell me where the accelerator regulator is? thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts