Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)
I am in need of some help as this is doing my head in now!!
heres the problem, when i start my r33 from cold it revs up and down between 500-1500 rpm for about 10 seconds then it sits at just under 2000 till it warms up then all is ok.
Off i go, the car pulls and drives fine untill i have to stop then the revs drop off and sometimes they go up and down then quickly level out and other times it stalls. in total its stalled 2 times but the erratic idle is annoying and i like my cars to run sweet so can any one help pls???:confused::smoker:

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
Do you have a stock recirc or aftermarket bov?

Ian. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
Cheers bruv I'm from bridgenorth if u wanna go for a cruise???
sounds good bud we are meeting at tgi's on the 27th you up for it we can go in convoy with turbokid as well :dogpile:

Any luck with the car? also is it running a decat? my old N/A started doing this when i put a decat on put standard back on and she was fine again

·
Seasoned Member
3,004 Posts
haha just posted on a similar thread that im having similar issues. Same high revs when cold, I can hear a leak on my vaccuum hose or intake manifold gasket though. Ive also got my dump valved blocked off and gone back to standard recirc as occasionally i was stalling as revs would just drop too low. Now i still stall a little but not as much as before but funny enough it only happens when fuel is on its last 8th of a tank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds good bud we are meeting at tgi's on the 27th you up for it we can go in convoy with turbokid as well :dogpile:

Any luck with the car? also is it running a decat? my old N/A started doing this when i put a decat on put standard back on and she was fine again
Yeah man I'm up for tgi on tha 27th.
Gonna sort car 2moz now I've got some time off work. As for the cat it's still on
As I've recently fitted Japspeed type2 cat back. Think if I de-cat I'll lose too much
back pressure and torque!!:40oz:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey any update on this?

I have problem with idle (its varying between 600-1100rpm) but I m pretty sure its because of lambda sensor (o2 sensor) since few diagnostics already show that lambda is not much alive.

Beside this little problem theres also more annoying thing - whole engine shakes madly when its idling.. its hunting like getting too much air/or too less air? Any ideas please?

I triple-checked all vacuum pipes and hoses looks fine.. dunno whats going on :(

·
Registered
470 Posts
same

mine is doing the same from cold revs to 2000 rpm and then just stalls unless i tap my foot on the accelerator had an air leak on intake gasket. cleaned idle control valve and afm. using carb cleaner revs picked up at leak so done that but still playing up. clean I used carby cleaner and sprayed over entire air intake and no leaks. datascan shows mine is running lean under acceleration but slowing down through gears it goes rich. going to take fuel pump out and check filter is not dirty and holding fuel back.

·
Registered
470 Posts
ok I got mine sorted this is what i done. Removed all air intake pipework and cleaned all the joints and put it back together but still ran lumpy and jumping about. so removed air filter and it got worse. While putting the air filter back on i slipped and covered the afm slightly with my hand the revs picked up and ran like a dream ( too much air ). so worth a try. it was the afm at fault it packed up all together last week. also datascan showed my o2 sensor was at a rave jumping about got one off fleebay for 17 quid nissan universal fitting works a treat. Hope this can help you in your quest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts