Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please explain how to set the idle speed on a GTR R33, just done the runin period for the engine and i now need to set this.
It's currently reving at 1300 RPM due to changing the weight of the pistons and flywheel.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Could someone please explain how to set the idle speed on a GTR R33, just done the runin period for the engine and i now need to set this.
It's currently reving at 1300 RPM due to changing the weight of the pistons and flywheel.
hi bud, depending on what ecu you have some you have to do via the mapping......2 there is a screw on the idle control valve (medium sized flat head) its located under the plenum.....3 on the throttle linkage (top) there is a small screw with a lock nut (8mm) try the 2...3..ones first and see how you get on.....if there is no change then its down to the ecu....:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, it may be me but step 2 i cannot see the screw anywhere, i have looked under the plemun and see 2 fuel lines going to the rail, and they both have an inline filter on them but no screws.
Am i being daft and missing the obvious?

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Thanks for the advice, it may be me but step 2 i cannot see the screw anywhere, i have looked under the plemun and see 2 fuel lines going to the rail, and they both have an inline filter on them but no screws.
Am i being daft and missing the obvious?
lol no mate it takes a bit of looking, it shouldnt have fuel lines to it, just one hose from the plenum, then the screw is near that....:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts