189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, basicly
Im running a rb20
rb25det turbo
FMIC
iridiums gapped to 1.1mm
3" turbo back exhaust
Its not yet to be tuned and still running factory OEM computer and yes there is alot of hidden power there to be had once i have the link installed/tuned

I just need to kinda diagnose whats happening to it atm - i was mucking around with the boost and dialed it up to 14psi one time it was fine and pulled really well then 13psi it was fine i dont realy ever runn these types of pressures threw my turbo/motor ever realy, just a one off time.

one pull the boost was at 12psi when it came on full boost there was a clicking noise(only on full boost was this noise there, genral driving the car was as normal) allmost kinda like a tapping noise coming from around the turbo/ exhasut area click click click....click......click - i left it at that and babied the car home, Could this noise be the result of the boosting blowing out the sparK? and basicly the car leanning out? and or my ignition system just not being up to par? the injectors will most definitly be maxxed out aling with the afm, - im having My link installed and and 6x 370cc ca18det injectors put in at the same time then tuned. but i just want to see if any of you ppl on here can confirm to this or give me a heads up on whats happening here.

I know its kinda expected as per my mods and no tune yet but just interested to see if anybody here has had the same sort of problem in the past?

thanks
lucid

·
Registered
345 Posts
it sounds like it could well be detonation your hearing, dont drive it hard till you figure out why its giving you det, could be timing, bad fuel, low fuel press etc, i know a guy who was sold a gtst ecu (me :( ) and i fitted it and i got hella det! Turned out the tosser had sold me a normally aspirated ecu and it was running super lean! :eek:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah well thats the thing man becasue when i did changed the turbo the the 25det item it was running like a bag of s*** and my tunner did a basic motor tune on it and got a 60kw gain lol yeap thats right it wasnt even making 100kw... im pritty sure he said he advanced the timing a little and told me to always use 98 octane from then on, cut a long story short ive now added a FMIC so its in need a of another tune. but yeah i hear what u are saying its definitly pinging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.