Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is Steve, and I'm from Florida. I just recently got a job for Pepsi, which means I will soon be in the market to find me an R33/R34 here in the states. Being that I live in the states and getting a stock Skyline straight from Japan/Aus/England they are illegal, they don't come cheap. So I will probably have to settle for a GTST, NEO or GTT. As much as I would love to be a proud GTR owner, that will have to remain on the back burner.

Anyway, I just registered to the site. Mostly to seek help and advice on all things Skyline. Whether it be advice on buying, what to look for in quality, to finding body kits, since I have the hardest time finding any.

Well again.. I'm new. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Steve

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Welcome to the forum Steve, there is a huge amount of really great info on here, but if you cant find something just ask.:D

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
hope u get the one ur after mate and welcome am off for a cpl weeks in the next few weeks if u got a spare room am more than happy to come over and help u trawl ha ha.

in all seriousness though mate hope u get the ryt one and can start enjoyin the skyline smile that we all do

·
Registered
812 Posts
welcome matey

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not THAT hard..

good luck really hard to get R33/R34 imported in to the USA
Its not too incredibly hard.. finding them in the states is not that hard.. find one thats US titled and registered AS A SKYLINE is. and on top of that, you dont really get to choose, color, type etc.

Specially in Florida.. Alot of Skylines are found in only three states. Florida, California, and Texas.

I've found R33 GTR's as low as $25,000 USD, but they get picked up in a heartbeat.

And there's no way I could ever afford an R34 GTR. They will run you $50k USD or more!

I may Just settle for a base model R34 and just make it look like a GTR. Most Americans wouldn't know the difference anyway. They would just go nuts over the fact its right hand drive, as opposed to all other cars in the US.

So, with luck, and a few months of saving up, I will be buying either a base model R34, or an R33 GTR.

Then painting/customizing later. ;)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Welcome mate........

I had the choice over an r32 gtr, r33 gtr and an r33 gtst... Didnt test drive the 32, but test drove both the 33gtr and 33gtst.. I prefered the drive of the 33gtst and there easily tunable, just as much as the gtr..... great power output can be reached with a big wallet, lol.... or you can stick an rb26dett in there (gtr engine) 500bhp can be reached on standard internals on the rb25det (33gtst), 450bhp is adviced though. Im sure that will be plenty enough... Or if you want more im sure Keith ( the big boss- forum owner) will give you a rundown on how much his 33gtst with rb26det cost him, lol...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome mate........

I had the choice over an r32 gtr, r33 gtr and an r33 gtst... Didnt test drive the 32, but test drove both the 33gtr and 33gtst.. I prefered the drive of the 33gtst and there easily tunable, just as much as the gtr..... great power output can be reached with a big wallet, lol.... or you can stick an rb26dett in there (gtr engine) 500bhp can be reached on standard internals on the rb25det (33gtst), 450bhp is adviced though. Im sure that will be plenty enough... Or if you want more im sure Keith ( the big boss- forum owner) will give you a rundown on how much his 33gtst with rb26det cost him, lol...

Yeah, I may be new to the forums, but I know a thing or two about Skylines. I was looking into getting a GTR front clip just to do an entire RB26DETT swap. I want those twins, but I'd rather have the the GTR just because I'm sick of RWD cars.

and what you said is true.. great power can be reached with a big wallet, but that can apply to any car. :p. I'd rather have something that not many people own in the states, that handles nice, and can be easily turned into a monster.. Hence my passion for the Skyline.

BTW - I was a fan of the Skyline BEFORE Fast & the Furious. Should have saw me geeking out over the yellow R33 when I saw the first move in theatres.

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Hello buddy. Welcome to the forum. I didnt know the Skyline was that sought after over there. I knew it was a popular car but thought the right hand drive would be throwned upon? You learn something new everyday dont you. Enjoy your stay and good luck locating your new Skyline.

vini

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
welcome to the forum flgtr. you will be the envy of most of the people you know when you get your skyline! just be prepared for alot of 'can you take me for a spin in it pleaaase!'

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi, good luck in the search, seem to be a lot of people in the US now looking, maybe we need an area rep for America.........would be some interesting drives to the meets!

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Welcome to the forum buddy :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
welcome to the forum flgtr. you will be the envy of most of the people you know when you get your skyline! just be prepared for alot of 'can you take me for a spin in it pleaaase!'

I wont mind as long as its some cute girl in a bikini while im driving around miami. :p

and Skyline arent THAT sought fafter over here.. just by a few rare people, such as myself :p

·
Registered
684 Posts
Its not too incredibly hard.. finding them in the states is not that hard.. find one thats US titled and registered AS A SKYLINE is. and on top of that, you dont really get to choose, color, type etc.

Specially in Florida.. Alot of Skylines are found in only three states. Florida, California, and Texas.

I've found R33 GTR's as low as $25,000 USD, but they get picked up in a heartbeat.

And there's no way I could ever afford an R34 GTR. They will run you $50k USD or more!

I may Just settle for a base model R34 and just make it look like a GTR. Most Americans wouldn't know the difference anyway. They would just go nuts over the fact its right hand drive, as opposed to all other cars in the US.

So, with luck, and a few months of saving up, I will be buying either a base model R34, or an R33 GTR.

Then painting/customizing later. ;)

From what I have heard Florida is one of the easier ones I agree, however I would suggest that you find one already there and registered. I have had a little personal experience. Good luck on finding your car. Welcome to the forum, good to have you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
broph99,

I definately plan on finding one already titled. There's no way I would willingly put myself through all the hassle of paperwork and inspections.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Well this thread is older than the Turin Shroud, if I even think for one second that you are bumping your post count to sell you're going to be banned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts