Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right - id much rather look stupid than ruin my car doing things wrong, so would somebody please tell me the easiest way to :

change out the side repeaters on a r33gtst

change dashboard dials

or if anyone wants to be really nice and send me a haynes manual or equivalent then thats even better....dont mind looking daft as long as the car doesnt

brake calpiers are going blue this weekend - i hate red brakes lol

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
its not daft mate thats pretty sensible to ask, the side repeaters just pop out with a small screwdriver from the face side of the wing (not from back or inside the wheel arch) it should have a little recess to get into, just use a rag against the wing so you done damage the paint...here is a thread how to change yr clocks-dials...http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30950

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
from memory i think you put the screw driver in from the front of the car, when you slide the screw driver in the indicator should slide accross a bit if it does'nt you've got the wrong end

·
bla
17,374 Posts
to change the indicatoir i just took 2 screws out the erm arch protector things, and you can stick your hand behind it and push it out......

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
if it helps and i remember ill take some pics at the weekend of the rebuild before i replace the wing liners .....pic is worth a thousand as they say ............

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
you need to insert the screw driver in at the square end, the opposite end from the clip heres a photo of the back

Attachments

·
bla
17,374 Posts
i wouldnt put a screw driver in just incase something happen like you slip....
just take out the 2 nearest screws , theres only 2 there, pull the plastic back. and use your hand to sqeeze and push it out.... :)

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Failing that... dont take anyones advise and do what I did...

try and force them out because I was so excited getting my smoked ones and use brute force. Snap one it half, then examin the broken one.......

"Oh thats how there supposed to come out"

Ha,Ha thats EXACTLY what i did mate!

And with EXACTLY the same bloody indicators!

Must be something about those smoked Nismo indicators eh?!
:funny: :funny: :funny:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.