Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come on then you clever lot, i've just aqquired a standard front mount intercooler from an r34 gtr right, can i simply plumb this into the car and run it about for a bit til i can afford to get it mapped? about 100-150 miles without wrecking my engine or is it not as simple as that? if so what other supporting mods will i have to do to allow me to run my new fmic?
i have also tried the search function but couldn't really find anything specific, any help would be much appreciated!

Fanx:bigthumb:

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
i will presume this is for your pug 306 as you make no other mention of what skyline you might have...

in which case, no, pug 306's are top mount, would require alot of modification to plumb in a front mount.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its got a blitz exhaust system from the cat back but no other mods, not yet anyway! how much would you guys charge for a map session ? or to adjust the fuelling if it needs doing?

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
you dont *need* to map it with just stage 1 mods. Stock ECU will cope, although it will overfuel. This may in turn show up a weakness in your ignition system (coils, plugs), so you might expect to cough up for some new coilpacks and maybe plugs.

You may well then want to get more out of it by mapping, and a good stepping stone is the apexi safc or greddy emanage. You'll get better performance, and fuel economy. From there on you're looking at a better solution such as an apexi powerfc.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Also before you get it mapped i'd get some other mods on it like induction kit, downpipe, boost controller and de-cat.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was thinking about doing that, just depends on how much cash i got spare, i'm a bit concerned about a boost controller though as i've heard that rb25 engines dont like too much boost? if it runs rich then thats better than lean and melting pistons as i know that will probably be the consiquence!!! i also want to fit bigger injectors and a bigger fuel pump, any ideas?

·
Shiney blingy bling bling!!
562 Posts
I got SBC ID II on my R33 GTS-T. Mapped by Thor running at 1.4 bar.

Not had problems with it so far and I've done many a miles on it too. :)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
A good boost controller like a Greddy profec B set upto 0.80bar will be fine.

You dont need injectors until your upto at least 1bar as for a fuel pump a 300zx or GTR one is a perfect upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts