Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps. I'm sure some of you import cars from japan or know people who do. I'm just wondering what websites people use? I am registered with ibc Japan but they don't seem to have many of the good stuff like skylines poobarus evos ect. Looking for websites that you can buy straight from the auction house or dealer over there rather than buying from an agent here.

·
Registered
592 Posts
i have had 2 cars for japan first was a rb25 r32 gtst & i used jdm garage for that & last year i got my s3 stagea though torque gt. both are down here in devon

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have had 2 cars for japan first was a rb25 r32 gtst & i used jdm garage for that & last year i got my s3 stagea though torque gt. both are down here in devon
Thanks but they are both agents I'm looking at the direct route buying straight from the jap auctions

·
Registered
100 Posts
Japanese auctions are pretty strict as to who can bid. You must be registered to be able to bid, then arrange shipping to a port and then get the car on a ship. It's so much easier to pay someone that does it as their job to bid for you and arrange the shipping. They are in Japan and have the connections and resources To do it all.
I got mine through Derek at Pacific Coast JDM. Very easy to work with and his fee is very reasonable. I'll be buying from him again.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can arrange all the hard bits through a friend but it's just finding which auctions do the sort of cars that I'm after. I'm looking to import and sell that's why I don't want to go through a agents here I'm looking to do what they are doing.

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,608 Posts
Can you speak japanese mate?
There is alot of headache involved. Its not just buying the car its everything after that. The car is the cheap part the rest is mental.storage, in land travel ( if required), radiation check, freight charges, freight insurance,recycle charge, auction fees etc.

·
8,608 Posts
Kobe is a good auction and is near shipping so cuts down on your shipping costs.
If you deal with an import company and not a garage it will be cheaper. They will charge a said fee and you bid away.if buying threw a garage importer they will charge for services mot valeting and what ever else they can think of.the garage wants profit on the car. an importer has a set fee and really doesnt care what you buy if its a good car or crap its your call. What kind of car you looking exactly and i will have a look at auction for you.

·
8,608 Posts
Skylines are getting more expensive in japan at the minute and hard to buy. You would get one here as cheap.that newer model 350gt or whatever correct name is for it there is 100s of them everyday in auction if they tickle you fancy can be bought cheap.i have another chaser leaving japan shortly. Chasers are great fun and the 1jz is a winner

·
Registered
592 Posts
Skylines are getting more expensive in japan at the minute and hard to buy. You would get one here as cheap.that newer model 350gt or whatever correct name is for it there is 100s of them everyday in auction if they tickle you fancy can be bought cheap.i have another chaser leaving japan shortly. Chasers are great fun and the 1jz is a winner
thats why i went for the stagea as there still cheap to buy in japan.

·
8,608 Posts
Yeah bud they are easier bought.
I just dont get the whole estate 4wd auto thing.
I know there may be different models also. Seen a few evo 7s selling at very reasonable money recently and if you keep good eye on auctions the odd ps13 comes up cheaper too

1 - 20 of 22 Posts