Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please somebody help me on this , this can not be true, Can anyone explain me wht this people from JK Tech told me, You need to buy like 4 cars to crash test it, $7800 down payment plus the parts they put in your car, the lady told me everything will be around $100,000. And i am just driving a $5000 car it is not a R34, is a GTS4, no turbo no big upgrade, that can not go more than 180 KMph. I think I have 200hp exagerating.
This.... [email protected]$%& want me to go crazy bro, If anyone have good info on this particular (IMPORTING TO U.S.) Please send me a PM....because if i got it right man..........SERIOUSLY MILITARY PEOPLE WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING......We put our life in the middle and this F..$%#&@, dont even let us drive the car we want, this is very wrong.....AM I THE ONLY ONE ON THIS send some IDEAS FOR THIS REVOLUTION.....jejejejejejejejeje
:Uzi::Uzi::minigun::Uzi::Uzi::Uzi::feedback:

·
Curb-Smacker
303 Posts
bro your fighting a losing battle its not gonna happen. i called the NHSTA and DOT for almost 6 months daily and its a no go bro. They dont care about the job we do or at leas tdont see it just cause for legal importing of the skyline.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
its a safety thing, nothing you can do about it, they have to test a certain number of cars in order to get them to pass tests.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
No no no sir, no selling under 100post's I'm afraid. I take it you can't sell on to anyone else on base?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
if its not going on the road then you dont need any "road test".

Just trailer to and from wherever you want to go for a track weapon.

Sorry to hear about your problem dude, not good.

·
Curb-Smacker
303 Posts
nope wont work they wont allow it in at all unless its a race vehicle coming over for a short time by a big company and the paper work for that killed the rain forest.
i have had friends from japan do it another way but not gonna say on here just pm me your number and we will talk

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i suppose its tightended up due to motorex

·
Aznlife9
148 Posts
Yo just a question I got the modifications that were needed if I get these adjusted will they still ask for crash tests for my 95 R33??? Here's the links for 96-98 R 33's to get legalized to the states : http://www.nicoclub.com/articles/skyline-import-1.shtml
I wanted to start now and see where it goes since I got 3 years before i'm out of here back to the states.

·
Aznlife9
148 Posts
I got a (RICH) friend that could maybe give me the money but he's back in the states but IDK what's the total to get them crash tested???????

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Well how many R34's are you able to supply to them so they can carry out the various crash tests. They will need 5 I believe to complete the tests, front impact, side impact, varied speed impact etc etc. Then add admin fees and covering the cost of the actual testing.

·
Aznlife9
148 Posts
But I have a R33 but it's not 96-98 it's a 95 that's why I asked because the rules I have are for 96-98 but I figured if i changed my car to fit the regulations then it should be easy it's better to import them from japan and do it right??? cheaper????

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey man im stationed at RAF Mildenhall and i was looking to bring my skyline back to the states too. I got ahold of JK Tech and two days prior to me calling they tested a 1995 skyline GTST and i failed every crash test. NO 1995 skyline can go back to the states. 1996 and newer can but i got the full import price, mod price, and title and emission price and it was $33,000. I will PM you the link with all the information you need, as they sent it to me via email. It will give you everything and anything you need to know i.e year make and model skyline oyu can bring back.
Thats why i chose to stay overseas, Ill be in ramstein in 11 days!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts