Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS

those who no me will no i sold my R33 GTS-t earlier this year due to redundancy.

also had issuses with my trade insurance having a skyline on ...nobs

well i went back to my roots with a seat leon 1.8t 20v & that didnt work out was an awfull car so im back in a JAP although its not a skyline so if this ofends you dont read any further :)

1995 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX 260
pics are off the ebay advert aas i cant be pestered to take any at teh mo as its always raining

its had a full airbrush jap-art manga done & looks amazing up close

it drives ok & is pretty quick too , has had a fair few mods done too

large fmic & alloy pipes
larger turbo
samco coolant & ic boost hoses
grooved discs all round
3" turbo back stainless system
17" dare light weight alloys
toyo tr1s
lowered on srings & shox

it does have a few niggles like the front splitter has bee smasge off the bumper & center dash has been hacked up for a dvd tv unit but its going to be a weekend tinker project for me

ive had it a month now.

well i got round to doing some work on the car yesterday so i coould sort out some issuses etc

1st was to strip the front bumper off to rectify the damage from when the blended in splitter came off
i also removed the blue skirts & rear spats
ive flatted out all the filler & cut off all the ecess bond from the front bumper , got a new jun splitter on order for it & will be getting the horrid blue skirts etc repainted silver

i also managed to remove all the dash centre which had a gash dvd screen glued in . re fitted new ash tray & socket , cup holders & removed the jvc dvd & put my apline in

more to come

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my jun style splitter arrived the other day so i made a start on fitting it .

still needs a bit more tickling in front of ther intercooler but i can now at least mount the bumper back on ...wouldnt at 1st
once ive got it spot on ill bond it on with the bumper mounted to the car

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Is that Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed you've got on there?

·
skid works!
124 Posts
bet the subru owners club would like to see this.O Dear.wrong forum for this me thinks.sell it and get another skyline:mpee:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed you've got on there?
SORRY YOU HAVE LOST ME ????

i think that should be cosplay,adults(and hot girls) dressed in manga character costumes
OK THEN .............:rolleyes:............SOME FREAKY PEOPLE ON HERE I SEE ..EACH TO THERE OWN

bet the subru owners club would like to see this.O Dear.wrong forum for this me thinks.sell it and get another skyline:mpee:
THERE ALL A BUNCH OF NOBS TO BE HONEST .......IF ITS NOT GOT GOLD WHEELS OR RALLY GRAPHICS & LOOK THE SAME AS THE NEXT SCOOB .......FCUK EM

I WANTED ANOTHER SKYLINE BUT COULDNT FIND ONE .
SHOW ME A 300+ BHP SKYLINE WITH SAME SORT OF SPECS AS MY SCOOB WITH 4X4 FOR £1900 & ILL BUY IT

·
Registered
737 Posts
appleseed and ghost in the shell are both manga films.

i think the airbrushing on the doors is ok, maybe could do with more detail though.
im really not a fan of whats on the rest of the car. why would you want it to look like it has rust on it? and bullet holes?

but if you like it then dont take any notice of what i say

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
THERE ALL A BUNCH OF NOBS TO BE HONEST .......IF ITS NOT GOT GOLD WHEELS OR RALLY GRAPHICS & LOOK THE SAME AS THE NEXT SCOOB .......FCUK EM
LOL, One good thing about Skylines, There isn't really a you must have this to be in thing :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
appleseed and ghost in the shell are both manga films.

i think the airbrushing on the doors is ok, maybe could do with more detail though.
im really not a fan of whats on the rest of the car. why would you want it to look like it has rust on it? and bullet holes?

but if you like it then dont take any notice of what i say

OK KOOL , I dont no what it is , the passenger side robot is "patlabor" manga film but not sure what the drivers side is at all

bought it because its different & off the wall .............and a bargin :)

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
OK KOOL , I dont no what it is , the passenger side robot is "patlabor" manga film but not sure what the drivers side is at all

bought it because its different & off the wall .............and a bargin :)
Ah yeah I know of Patlabor not seen it though. The other side is def Ghost in the Shell though I reckon.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It looks ok mate as long as you are happy with it thats what matters good to be different. should get your self another skyline one day

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It looks ok mate as long as you are happy with it thats what matters good to be different. should get your self another skyline one day
skyline one day maybe but would have to be an R32 GT-R :)

mephiston_2k ..............cheers for that pic now no what it is :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
got all the blue bits repainted & fitted a new splitter to the front bumper

had the car out today , although now dirty took some better pics of the repainted skirts & spats etc

Looks so much better now than with the blue on

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow, interesting paint! I'm unsure how I feel about it but mad props for being different. I like the silver fog covers alot better as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
how do you find the running costs on the impreza compared to the Skyline?
Unfortunately due to needing a couple of extra doors I may need to change and was looking at one of these.
Would prefer to keept the skyline aswell in an ideal world.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts