Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some 20 yr old gal decided to park in the back of me today in my daily BMW :(
damn sure she was texting or doing her makeup... either way my cars got a sore bum.

wasnt that long ago someone else did exactly same thing to it.
sitting stationary in traffic with foot on brakes and BANG... :spank:
how the hell cant people see a car stopped in front of them!!!

Poor bloody car has taken it in the ass more times than Jordan :spank:

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Bad luck mate, must admit I thought driving standards couldn't get any worse when I moved from one of the highest population of octogenarian's on the south coast to Norfolk, but I was wrong! up here its a combination of giant tractors, nobody indicates, random lane changes, and worst of all the ones that move over on you when you overtake!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Get the insurance to try and abtain a print out of her phone activity, it'll prove if she was on the phone at the time of the incident. Thats if you can rememeber the exact impact time lol

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea les.
Mini - if you work in insurance can you answer this please.

Why does a claim that's not my fault effect my policy?
I put my last claim through. It went straight through third parties insurance so my policy not effected didn't even have to pay and reclaim excess etc.

When doing online quotes insurance is about 60 quid cheaper without that claim on policy even though not my fault??? Wtf that about please :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Some insurers don't load for non-fault claims and some do.

Even though it's not your fault, insurers still see that you've been involved in an accident and that means they consider you more of a risk than a driver who has had no claims, fault or non fault.

It's silly I know but it's determined by the Underwriter.

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks but that's BS.
I didn't choose to get hit in the ass 2 times :(
Careless twats.
Both times I've been sat in heavy traffic and careless twats costing me money :(

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
I had some 20 something girl email my work informing of how much of a bad and dangerous driver I was.

I then sent her the rules of the the road as she was in a lane which was left turn only and marked up 4 times that it was left turn only, but the dumb bint still turned right and almost hit me.

She even phoned up after I sent her a rather abrupt email reply.

She didn't get an apology from me, but just the stated facts.....

·
Super Moderator
2,723 Posts
I had some 20 something girl email my work informing of how much of a bad and dangerous driver I was.

I then sent her the rules of the the road as she was in a lane which was left turn only and marked up 4 times that it was left turn only, but the dumb bint still turned right and almost hit me.

She even phoned up after I sent her a rather abrupt email reply.

She didn't get an apology from me, but just the stated facts.....
Loving your work!!!

I'd lose my sh*t if that happened to me cos I pride myself on my driving. I hate crap drivers, especially when they don't even realise what they've done!

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I got fed up with the stupid, diabolical and inconsiderate driving after some old guy pulled out on me, where the first black car did in the video above, just I was on the opposite side, coming up the road. His excuse was "you saw me you should have stopped" excuse me sir I replied I did see you but what ever way you look at it it is my right of way. I suggest you read brush up the road rules, So bought a camera for $30 and if the enevitable happens ill just produce the footage to the IC.

We also have a light industrial rail track running along the bottom of the road. There is a stop sign as it has no lights or barrier. Few stop at this stop sign and they have actually had a few train v car accidents as people have tried to over take the car stoped at the stop sign and collided with the train. Dick heads.

·
Super Moderator
2,723 Posts

·
More POWER!
474 Posts
I've got a roadcam ready to go in my car for exactly these reasons. J J I can't belive those people pulling out infront of you twice! Sparky can't believe you've been hit twice so close together! There are a lot of absolute fools out there.
Whilst stationary you should not be sat on the foot brake! That's what grinds my gears, that and couriers damaging goods!

bought to you by electronic means

·
Registered
190 Posts
I always drive with my lights on, people respond to a light quicker than an object! Best one for me was when a woman pulled out of a junction into the drivers door. I was on stop waiting to turn in the same junction waiting for a gap. Which neva came cars driving on road had to slam on. Not much damage tho. I see bad driving so much and police don't want to look at the videos from my dash can as I could have altered then! Just can't be assed to do their jobs more like!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts