Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does increasing the bhp make the car o to 60mph quicker and does this also increase torque?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Performance mods will increase both bhp & torque which in turn will increase 0-60 and all other 0-whatever figures.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
bhp is essentially 'torque per second' (= torque x revs) so they are related.

It's suprising how many people don't know what torque and bhp are (I was once in that boat) - google is your friend...

http://vettenet.org/torquehp.html

0 - 60 also depends on traction etc., so there is a limit above which more torque/bhp won't help much as you can't put the power down.

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
that figure would depend on what rear tyres you have
standard 205 on 6.5" rims or drag slicks on 9" wide rims will make huge difference

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have 225/40/17 avons all round and catback 3inch thats it,do you recommend getting rid of stage 2 boost eg earthing black wire? will this put up the bhp? make it run 8 bar? and i want to be running at 350bhp what mods are nessesary please exclude air filters i hate them,can i get the car modded to run 350bhp without getting it tuned or mappped or running lean?? please help on this one?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
In the top of the tuning section is a sticky on a guide of what order to modify your RB25DET.

·
loves fugues and skylines
223 Posts
Why do you hate air filters? :)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks bruce,j i dont like air filters because they are not what people say and from my experience the dont do anything except increase noise levels.

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
tyres are a bit on the thin side consider getting wider rubber on the rear axle when you get replacements

earthing to get rid of stage 2 boost is an effective and even easy & cheap mod as you will get the full (2nd stage boost) from when your tubby reaches that boost up till redline

it will not up the bhp though, wont make you run 8 bar either but then you dont want it to make 8 bar :rofl:

to reach 0.8 bar you will need a boost controller, preferably an electronic one

for 350bhp theres a lot you need m8 as most parts max out at around 330 - 340, try this: downpipe + decat + air filter panel + cold air feed + afm + injectors + turbo + clutch + ecu + maybe fuel pump

so no you cant reach 350bhp without mapping by a tuner

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
it will not up the bhp though, wont make you run 8 bar either but then you dont want it to make 8 bar :rofl:

why you taking the piss? i am quite a freshie here,why wouldnt i want to make it 8 bar whats funny about that? is it that much of a difference? is that what your finding funny oh and after earthing black wire do i need to do anything else e.g. reset ecu?:attention:

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
He was making fun of the fact that you said 8 bar instead of 0.8bar. As there is a VERY big difference, i would like to see the size of the turbo that could make that pressure!!!! He meant nothing against you.:)
You want to run your car at 0.8bar. Get your self an electronic boost controller, and also some sort of fueling control like an apexi safc, and go from there. They will need to be fitted and tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. Ideally on a dyno.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its cool i wouldnt take anyone having a laugh harshly i enjoy a g.s.o.h and thanks for your help lads i just got to find someone with a dyno around west midlands,i visited
a tuners site here and they recommend only tuning the factory ecu thats allready fitted i think its r.**** that sounds sensible.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Have a look in FAQ all your answers should be in there.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
divoluk i will let you know im going to try earthing that black wire on sunday cider house here i come!! lols (a country pub that makes VERY STRONG cider well known in westmidlands also good dogging spot.) just need to figure out after cutting the solenoid black wire in half do i need to earth the one coming off the solenoid or the one going to the solenoid??

·
bla
17,374 Posts
you dont have to cut the wire mate... I never... I just spliced it and ran it off onto the body ... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts