Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have god a Greddy Profec boost controller, I want to get it installed along with an intercooler for an R33. Do i need to upgrade the Fuel pump and regulator? I have been told that if i increase the boost to about 9 or 10 psi , without a new pump and regulator ,fuel spiking will occur leading to damage, is this true? Which do i get first, intercooler or fuel pump and reg.? any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
me thinks it aint true what u hav been told m8
get intercooler first, forget bout fuel pump and regulator till you get bigger injectors

·
Always sideways
4,252 Posts
9 psi = 0.6 bar and 10 psi = 0.68 bar

The standard turbo is safe up to 0.85 bar which is approximately 12.5 psi. I'm going to be running mine at 0.8 to be absolutely sure without upgrading the fuel pump or fpr. These mods are only really necessary when increasing the boost further which will require other mods to support. :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
who the hell told you that lol.... Dont listen to them ever.....

Welcome to the site, even though youve been here awhile :)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
p.s i dont have a fuel pump or fpr and im running around 300bhp, though there next on my list :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, saved me an arm and a leg, i will get the intercooler now and upgrade pump and regulator when i can. Thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts