Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
does anyone know how many pins the indicator has as i need to get an electronic one as can't find the right bulbs anywhere ti stop it flashing too fast

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I found them but they aren't available in many places so I'm looking to buy the electronic relay so I can use LEDs as they are much cheaper but they are 2 or 3 pin so I wondered if anyone knew

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah just fond some for £3 for 2 so I'll stick with the standards I think :) thanks for the info you two :)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
The oem indicator relay is electronic.
I run CREE led lamps all round - very sharp and bright.
I opened the oem relay and changed the value of the load-sense resistor, from around 0.1 ohm to nearer 1 ohm.
Easy enough job.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay that's good to know, how do you change it? I have the std bulbs in order now but would be good to know for the future

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I'm also guessing if you make it too high the flash too slow?
NO THERE IS AN 'OPERATING' WINDOW' caps sorry.
As i did my repeaters even, i did need to add a couple of small resistors to them, 47ohm from memory - as the 'buck-converter/constant-current drivers' on cree led's present no resistive load at all on 1st power application, and the flasher unit didn't like that and would not work.
But that only applies if you go 100 percent cree led.
it really is very easy.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
The 'load-sense' resistor inside the flasher unit usually looks like a bare piece of wire or flat wire strip.
Play with resistor values, I'm sure mine ended up at about 1 ohm.
Range from 0.1 to 1 ohm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts