Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem.....

I bought these HKS Metal Flow Air filters about 6 months ago and still haven't been able to fit them! :(

They mount straight onto the airflow meters. I bought them off of a GTR with a big single turbo, so he didn't have the fittings/spacers for them (as he wasn't in need of them). I didn't think that would be a problem. I thought I could get spacers anywhere. Apparently not though! I can't get them on without spacers as the airflow meters are too close together and only leave room for one filter to fit.

Anybody have any ideas (except to not use them), or anybody have any HKS spacers (maybe from an old foam filter kit) that they'd be willing to part with?

I guess the sort of spacer needed could go either side of the airflow meters (depending on fittings).

I'll try to get some pictures tonight to explain what I mean!

Paul

Attachments

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Paulo I woukd like to be able to give you an answer but I just dont know. Maybe your best bet is to ask our own Mr Richard Bell.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Can you not give a drawing to a local fabricator to make some for you mate?

I have seen 300ZX AFM's moddified to fit Skylines before.

Do i catch your drift or am i just being a non skyline owning nob ranting crap again :rolleyes:

Kris

·
Opinionated *unt
1,593 Posts
Don't use the wrong adapter and some duct tape like some people do...

Only advice I can give.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
ignore jaffa he is thinking of duck tape and bedroom again.

Best thing is to draw around the aperature of the airflow meter and also once again on the filter join to the filter...

Then measure the lip on the filter and measure the lip on the AFM.

You can then make a joint to match the two up and there is your answer.

As Isaac says if your not capable of doing it get someone to fabricate this.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
listen to him its his birthday and he knows about flanges...

oooo dont make me slap you, get back in line... 1 . .... 2..... 1.... 2....

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Does that mean that basically what i said was correct. Cepting Sarky went into more detail? Thus proving i dont jut post crap!

Paulo, may be able fabricate something at work if u like? We use 1.6mm 3mm & 5mm ali have a CNC router. Dunno if this may be of use to you?

Kris :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys,

Oh, and Happy Birthday Buster!

I think I'll have a measure up and see what I need.

I'm still thinking HKS may do something I could use. I'm a bit of a ponce so would rather go the pointlessly expensive and branded route. :rolleyes: But if that wasn't true I don't think I'd be fitting the things in the first place. I'm sure I would have either kept my Blitz kit or bought one of those nice Apexi things! :p

I guess the other option would be to buy a cheap HKS induction kit that may share the same fitments?!?!

Kris, thanks for the offer, I'll definately consider it. I'm sure if I was to do it myself I'd end up with drain-pipes taped to them. :(

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts