Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, new on the scene, got myself a r33 2.5 gtst spec 2, very standard. i think the first step is an induction kit. any recommendations on type & who could fit it, sorry, not very technical. also, i'm after the front lining of the offside wheelarch, it's a big empty void at the mo. any suppliers out there. ta muchly. :D

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
apexi induction kit from either driftworks or apex performance, around fifty quid posted.

·
Registered
177 Posts
a replacement nismo or hks panel filter may be better... when i had a gtst i found an induction kit only gave more noise and virtually no noticable power gains.....

the panel filter won't get overly hot as induction kits can.....may be better getting a decat pipe or downpipe..they made the biggest difference to my car...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just swaped my apexi filter for the standard panel filter and the car seems loads faster and more responsive......

No whoooshing sound tho!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just swaped my apexi filter for the standard panel filter and the car seems loads faster and more responsive......

No whoooshing sound tho!!
most peoples first mod seems to be an induction kit when its actually not really needed...decat, downpipes, exhaust, plugs are probably better mods...
obviously the more the merrier......

most people like the induction noise tho....

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Id go for the apexi pod filter(proven to be the best out of the top makes),you dont have to be technical minded to fit,just a spanner and socket,pretty straight forward really.As mentioned zaust and de-cat to get it breathing right would be the 1st move:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts