Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
Been running my rb25det for a couple of years as is but slowly trying to sort out the mess made by previous abusers. When I got it the original ecu had been chipped a gt2860 (hks version) turbo added sucking in through a mushroom filter (hks) and blowing out through a front mount inter cooler. In order to make up for the increased fuel demands additional injectors were added in the intake. I am now running a links g4+ ecu with a map sensor, so the MAF is now redundant and the frankly silly additional injectors in the intake are also no longer used.
Any of you fine folks got any recommendations for some induction parts? Throttle body and manifold are standard.
Also what catch cans work best on these things? There is one fitted but it’s just a blooming tin with a pipe going in and a filter on the outlet, nothing inside to allow oil to condense and drip to the bottom of the can.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good quality air filter, metal induction Pipe along with cold air feed to filter will be good.

Any baffled catch/breather can will do aslong as its fitted properly and has big enough fittings. I wouldnt use anything smaller than what the oem breather outlets on cam cover are. You'll have to decide If you want to vent to atmo or breathe back into the intake pipe.

Standard manifold and throttle body are fine. Im running 550hp with stock throttle body.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Thebe. I was more on the hunt for specific brands and where items may be obtained from. A baffled vent to atmosphere can is what I’m after.
Mentioned intake and throttle body to give an idea of what kind of pipe work I’m looking for i.e. from from intake to first joint on way down to front mount intercooler (may change more but shouldn’t really have to.)
Just looking for MAF delete pipe really, have run cold air induction in the past (R32 golf) and found it to be of little advantage on a daily driver that operates in traffic and has to deal with standing water. You’re filter is down with everybodies exhaust pipes and in line for a soaking too. Planning an Apexi filter in time. What pipe work are you using yourself?

·
Super Moderator
8,994 Posts
Best option is to make a cold air box with and outside air feed as for catch cans and PCVsytem have a look at my sticky at the beginning of this section.

Reactions: Uremah

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man, will go check that out. Aye the plan is to do just that in time, plenty bits of sheet metal lying around to knock something up at work. Handy vent in the carbon bonnet above where the box will be. I could try and channel cold air up from below too just not keen on having the filter down there.
Planning ally (not in direct contact with steel I hate that) or maybe plastic. Much to do yet but getting there. Bit awkward at times trying to make improvements but keeping it on the road at the same time.
Main goal just now is to tidy things up a bit and eliminate redundant tat. Got some old fuel lines to get rid of too.
If anyone is looking for a blitz boost controller, a turbo timer ( can’t remember what make just now) and an additional fuel controller with two injectors then Gimmie a shout. I won’t be keeping these items.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had a quick read through the PCV post you pinned. Much food for thought! Will have a go at pricing up and seeing what will suit me best. In the meantime you got any suggestions for where I might obtain a pipe to go into my intake manifold? Got two fuel injectors sticking out the one I’ve got. Bothers the hell outa me XD

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doh, looks like RB-rebuild is nea doing business at the moment, ebay shop has been down for at least a couple of weeks. Anybody know where I can get hold of an alternative AFM delete pipe for around the same price?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found a standard J pipe last night. Didn't know a J pipe was called a J pipe until last night. £11 odd to gt rid of those ugly injectors. Gonna get photo's of the system once I have it removed and see if anyone wants all or part of it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Tricky-Ricky So i have been playing with my non catch can and making a catch can out of it...what fun. Inlet to can now has a piece of copper pipe (in which holes have been drilled) down it secured with an olive on the other side of the union and the hose over the top, this takes the misty oil into the can this has been surrounded with wire wool as I couldn't be arsed making a baffle. Should allow oil to condense and collect in the drain at the bottom of the can.
Noticed that the pipe to the manifold was still connected so had a look and aye, there was signs that oil was still condensing in the manifold. This wasn't a surprise as virtually nothing that has been done to this car has been dfone well Couldn't find anything to cap either end so have left the pipe in and screwed an M10 grub screw down the pipe to block it then reconnected. Have noticed that she idles closer to 900rpm now which is nicer than the 1200ish she was at before. Could better I'm sure but will do for now. Will probably move it and maybe buy a propper can in time but this will do for now.

So this pipe is now blocked off with a grub screw.

Here is a general overview of the whole damn mess. Going to shift it at some point when I get some hose fairly confident it will work well enough. Also visible in this pic are the two injectors in the J pipe that were part of the silly Addition Fuel Injection system now defunct. Have a stock J pipe on order as well as a cap to blank off the union tapped into the fuel rail. Will be happy to see these buggers gone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts