Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
MAF sensor is the Air Flow Meter. Its a bit of wire and a widget inside the black plastic tube you can see behind the filter. Measures the volume of air coming into the engine and allows the car's ECU (thingy that controls injectors, timing and fuelling) to adjust the fuelling to suit.

Car is useless without one.

An MAF is worth a couple hundred quid new.

At the end of the day, if it is an HKS filter, go for it.

Personally I prefer A'Pexi (and its had better reviews), but at this price I wouldn't say no.

If the MAF is buggered, you've got one anyway, which works (if your car works fine).

If its not buggered, you've got a spare (lucky man).

·
Mmmmm KPG-C10
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!

Thanks for that! Might make a bid! Looks pretty new as the bid says. Also think you can clean the filters?

How much is a new A'pexi set up just out of interest. Heard these are the better of the bunch too. Also who stocks them in the UK for R32's?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I paid about the same for my A'pexi from Abbey back in January.

Remember, these prices are just for the filter pod, not an AFM too (cos they are like rocking horse ****).

I believe the HKS ones need oiling or summit weird like that, which the A'pexi doesn't.

·
Mmmmm KPG-C10
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers!

Thanks for all the info Guys, think I will rub my pennies together, and after xmas take a trip to Abbey for fitment of an Apexi. Lots of good words had!

Checked your site Jock, lots done to your Type M! What BHP you running? About 2 months after I got mine, putting out 255bhp at the flywheel. Dont think much has been done, but a HUGE Trust Exhaust. Also looks like the prob shaft is after market. Has a newish sticker on it, and even looks like alloy! (this standard?)

Was the strut brace a one off, or off the shelf jobbie? Also how is she running with 1bar? Would like to get a boost controller, am I right in thinking that you can turn the boost right down for better fuel ecconomy, then wang it up for some fun?

Cheers guys

Mike

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Delmonte...

Strutbrace is a DP motorsport job. 3mm clearance over the plenum! Got it thru Dixons performance centre in dunblane, scotland.

I run .9 bar most of the time, but if I whip out the headlight and don;t reset the controller I get 1 bar. Runs sweet as pie!

Never been on a dyno so don't know, but hopefully up in the high 200's at the mo.
You can't reduce the boost produced below the standard factory setting (not on any controller I have seen anyway), but you can whack it up. Profec 'a' will go over 2 bar. Engine might not make it tho...

Few updates to go on the site.... And maybe a PowerFC in the next month depending on the cost of brakes......

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Looked good value, but I too prefer the Apexi. I know Abbey (and many others) are having a problem getting hold of the Apexi filters right now, as I plan to change my HKS for one. Saw your site too Jock. We should have a GTS-t/RC Car meet sometime ;) Hoping, and I mean HOPING to hit near 300bhp in mine this weekend. It was dyno'd at 286bhp with a chipped ECU but now it has a Power FC I'm keeping my fingers FIRMLY crossed :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Jock Alert said:
Fizzy.... A'Pexi are on the way down the tubes mate, if they haven't already gone out of business...
NO WAY!?:eek: Hadn't heard that, but I noticed it was getting hard to get hold of the Apexi filters. Hmm, they make some quality kit too. Didn't make 300bhp by the way, max'd out my injectors at about 244bhp at the hubs:rolleyes:

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
jock where did you hear this ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts