Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an unfixable issue with my brakes bringing out squeaks everytime i brake...

1) I have replaced the brake pads 3 TIMES with more expensive pads...
2) I have machined the discs about 5 TIMES already...It constantly roughens the discs surface even with new brake pads...
3) I have cleaned the dusts and etc. for the squeaks to go away...

The issue is I still have this inevitable squeaks everytime i brake, with the discs having scratched surfaces even with the new brake pads...Im assuming its the DUEL CALLIPERS i have at the moment that is causing this...

Is anyone having the same problem who have resolved the issue by any chance? please help the squeaks are pissing me off....

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I think what he was trying to say was purchase some copper grease and use it to lubricate the leading edge of the pad as I did. It worked a treat.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Whereabouts are you??

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will have to try this and tell other mates of mine too. it seems like the performance cars have this problem the most.

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
I had my fronts greased and they stopped now my back ones are squealing like a pig, grrrr, look like an idiot everytime u stop, ghey red pads!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Lol, I was gonna offer you the use of my grease! :grinno:

·
R33 GTR V-Spec
113 Posts
Don't start putting any kind of grease anywhere until you are 100% sure you know what you are doing - grease and most parts of brakes definitely do not mix!

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i always thought you used the copper grease on the back of the pads where the shims are not the leading edge

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I put mine on the front, maybe I'm wrong but it did the trick on mine :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Copper grease definately goes on the BACK of the pads!! please tell me your not seriously putting it on the front! It will stop them squeaking alright, it will also stop you from braking! :eek:
One tip I have other than grease the back of the pads is to file the top and bottom edges of the front of the pad (the braking surface) to a slight angle, this often helps with noise from brakes.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Chris i seriously hope you are joking. Never put grease on the braking surface of the pads. I.ve tried everything i can think of but they still squeel like hell when the brakes are hot, it's fine when they are cold though.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Well it did the job on mine and I'm still here :grinno:

But listen to what the others say, it does make sense. Mine was a last resort :spank:

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Fair enough bud, but it may not be a good idea letting others know that you did it. There are alot of have-a-go home mechanics about and it might end up in tears. :nonono:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts