Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you know the Skyline brand controvesially changed to the 350gt model and then to Infiniti in north america, which inturn is to be launched this year in europe. Love or hate the Infiniti you got to like the place it is heading. Here is the proto spec on the direction they are taking this car and some pics below.

Infiniti is looking to make a big splash as it enters the European market at an unfortunate economic moment, and not much can tug at the heartstrings of the continent's populace like a high-powered, sexy coupe with a green soul. With the Essence concept, Nissan's upscale brand has delivered in a big way. The sultry cab-backwards coupe is nothing if not dramatically indulgent in its scale (it's a commanding 4.7-meters long), and the rear-drive, gas-electric hybrid is something to behold in the metal, with elements that recall other coupes (the Fisker Karma comes to mind), but a look all its own.

Powered by a twin-turbo, direct-injection 3.7-liter V6 and a new electric drive design dubbed "3D Motor", the Essence yields a combined 592 brake horsepower (434 via internal-combustion, 158 brake horsepower via the lithium-ion backed disc-shaped electric motor).

The very unjapanese scale of the Essence yields a more Nippon-influenced interior for two, including an attractive driver-oriented "cocoon" that features a flat-bottomed steering wheel, hand-painted wood designed to look like Japanese laquerware and eccentricities like asymmetrical seat seams that mimic the way 'Japanese men and women tie their kimonos." Presumably, said kimonos fit nicely in the bespoke Louis Vuitton luggage (made more accessible via a powered trunk shelf).

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Gotta say that looks absolutley gorgeous, but then so does the new 370Z, both look very Z4 BMW stylee.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Was thinking "yeah yeah, the same as all those concept cars" and then got to the speedo and dials and nearly spat my water out on the keyboard!:grinno:

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was thinking "yeah yeah, the same as all those concept cars" and then got to the speedo and dials and nearly spat my water out on the keyboard!:grinno:
Yeah i love the way they put the boost gauge in the middle of the rev counter :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Love it :d As said very much the shape of the Z4 but stunning none the less.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I`m not too sure about the overall look tbh. The dash cluster reminds me of an old ships compass for some reason.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You know it wont look nothing like that if it makes it to production, it'll be smoothed off and some classic more readable dials cos "the general public arent ready for this" ... same with all concepts.

·
GT-TR HAKAN
337 Posts
i can not belive what i am watching. This infiniti is just awsome i think it's a step in the right direction for nissan europe to be releasing this sort of car on us because once you go jap you cant turn back.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
infinity

very nice just happened to see the cabriolet on eurosport today,with louis vitton luggage noice.....anyway think they should stick to making speakers:crazy:

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know it wont look nothing like that if it makes it to production, it'll be smoothed off and some classic more readable dials cos "the general public arent ready for this" ... same with all concepts.

Not so sure about that as Nissan are pretty good with moving from concept to production, from what i can remember what seems years ago now the GTR didn't change very much from the concept. You could be right though, but the point i was making is they are looking at heading in the right direction even if its not exactly like the concept. Loving the fact they are considering the twin turbo set up although im guessing they will offer a N/A version if it does get off the ground.

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
Screw the production model, I'll buy the prototype!!! :drivin::drivin::drivin:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Awesome. Looks like a cross between the new jag and an aston.

I'd happily sell my kidneys for a bit of that but i know ebay would remove my auction...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts