Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
infinite pot of money ? infinite power potential.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
sarky any chance of a run in your jump jet tonight? went out in boyos saturday and was very impressed:) not been in a 34 gtt yet

·
Registered
113 Posts
Depends which one you are refering to.. R32 has about 210 hp as std and the 33 has 250hp. So the 32 has a better specific output and is lighter as well.

As for tuning, sarky is right to a certain degree but maybe just quicker to tell you what is relatively easy to achieve

R32s reckon on about 280 with EBC set to 1 bar, zorst, filter, ECU and the usuals, r33 would probably crack 300 with that. I am led to believe 400hp is possible with both engines and then you are firmly into uprated internal country.

In all honesty there arent that many people that I know of that are putting out big power (at least in the Northern hemisphere,) best dyno'd power I have seen is Dirks old 33 at 342hp...

But then I dont know ****. ;)

Someone on here may be able to give details of a higher powered (proven) GTS....

Ta-ra!.
pad

·
Registered
79 Posts
From a 33 - 300+ is relatively easy

350+ means new turbo, engine management, headgaske, etc.

400+ needs internal and loads of money. (at least from what I understand)

I have managed 346 bhp so far with 313 Ib ft torque.

I think there are a good few more on here with more power - Robopope and Marc (Crail Loser) spring to mind. However figures from rolling roads should only be used for comparison of mods as dependant on day, tuner etc. you can get big variances.

Also as Sarky says the engines are good for way more power but you're going to have to spend mega bucks!!

Be careful as well - bit rainy here in Scotland today (suprise, suprise :) ) and had a bit of moment on a slip road - still all good fun :D

Good luck getting the new car.

David

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Tony, at some point sure, not running mine right yet as it needs setting up and its a gradual process, not wanting to push it too much at the moment.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just forgot to mention, std turbo on a 32 will only cope with 0.9 bar, so that would have to go or have steel internals to get to aforementioned 1 bar (reliably), good luck.. :)

Pad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts