Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got my new turbo coming from garage D so i'm looking to new next purchase already as you do. Injectors.
Right i've had in my mind Sard 550cc injectors, but the 650cc are exactly the same price. Would I better off buying them so as not to stress the load? What are the pro's and cons?
I am aiming for around 370bhp before i'm happy.
Spec says the 550's are 0.85ms and the 650's are 1.5ms, what does this all mean in english?

Current spec is,

Blitz Sonic power intake
Hks exhaust with silencers taken out
Japspeed decat and downpipe
Japspeed D1 FMIC
RSP coilpacks
Gizmo boost controller
T3 Garrett turbo (according to Julian it has a power range on rb20 of 350-400bhp)

The turbo is yet to go on. I'll get a Z32 AFM from Japandyno when I order the injectors from him, then it's off to red dot racing for the re-map.
With that set up what would be the best injectors? I do not want any more than 400bhp from the block else it starts getting very expensive, i'd rather run this till it gives up then go the Rb30 route.
I don't currently have the turbo in and on the last dyno run I was pulling 220bhp so it will be interesting to see where this takes me.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
550's are 0.85ms and the 650's are 1.5ms, this is the time the injectors are open (injector pulse width) and not injector duty cycle, which is the time the signal is sent to the injectors

550cc will be adequate, but will squirt the fuel in harder than 650s in the same duty cycle

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
550's are 0.85ms and the 650's are 1.5ms, this is the time the injectors are open (injector pulse width) and not injector duty cycle, which is the time the signal is sent to the injectors

550cc will be adequate, but will squirt the fuel in harder than 650s in the same duty cycle
So would that in effect make a differance to the life span of them. In that case i'd be better off getting 650cc's so they last longer? What would you do?
This is what i'm looking at (but buying from Japan dyno at same price as he will be sourcing a Z32AFM as well) £420 delivered for a full set I thought was a good price

http://www.nengun.com/sard/injectors

Thanks for the link psmurphy but they are for an Rb25 and are differant to Rb20 injectors. I thought about second hand ones but at £420 for these Sard ones, realistically after buying second hand ones and getting them tested i'd be looking near this money and these have a warrenty.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks guys, 550's it is. Really appresiate the help, as you can imagine I didn't wanna spend over £400 wrong

·
Registered
238 Posts
i dont think the rb26 will fit think they r topfeed or thats wat i was told, i run nisimo 555 injectors and got mapped by rsp and make 430bhp so they must be running well with in their limits hope this helps, stoz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts