Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i signed up here a couple years ago after returning from 3 years in the states, had been back around a week before i stupidly said i'd grab a mate's car from the pub after a couple drinks, got caught on the wrong side of the road (been driving on the right for 3 years), no insurance and a hair over the limit where i was told if i had held off for a blood test they wouldnt of even picked up as it would of been out of my body by then.

Anyways, not excusing myself, drink driving is bloody ridiculous and will never happen again.

But back to the point, my suspension was up around Sept last year and since then i've been saving up for an R33 GTST. At 26 years old what are my chances of getting insurance on the thing and any ideas on what it might cost (i'm guessing A LOT, but can probably go to around 2k a year in order to get behind the wheel of one of these things).

If it helps the thing will be driven on sunny days only and otherwise kept in a locked garage all week.

Thanks in advance,

Darren

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
to be honest mate as you will know being banned is a big thing especially since it was drink driving but you can contact [email protected] on here and see how much it may be mate. cant hurt to ask around.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly think the courts were more peeved with the no insurance thing, which i really didnt understand, basically i'd lived in the states since i was 19 and over there as long as 'someone' is insured on the car anyone could drive it. It wasnt the same government endorsed extortion system we seem to run over here. They paid out for my cracked windscreen on two separate occasions and when i shredded a tyre on a pot hole all without charging an excess and i still got a discount come renewal time.

Anyways, I'll get in touch with A Plan as they do seem to be able to cater for everyone on here and as i said, i'm fully expecting a huge premium due to the type of car and the points i've got but i've no intentions of getting anymore, the car will be purely for sunny sunday afternoons and track days, you wont even find me doin 31 in a 30 in the thing.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
i hate to say it but your find it hard to get insurance i would have thought not impossable but hard

eg my brother passed his test at 17 within 6 months he racked up 7 points thats a ban anything over 6 points in the first two years is a ban hes now 25 he pays over £1500 on a punto 1.2 under my dads name!!! as most insurance companies wanted nearlly 2 grand

so i wish you the best of luck

ps over here its differant you MUST have a form of insurance to drive/ride on the public road even if you have insurance that allows you to drive any car third party if the owner of that car dose not have it insured themselfs then you CAN NOT drive it.

all documention all so has to be valid ie road tax and mot without this your insurance is null and void

please correct me if im wrong

1 - 4 of 4 Posts