Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hello
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A tad annoyed today, (and thanks to Dan @ Aplan for trying to help)

Was offered a very nice Impreza wagon yesterday with PPP kit and 300bhp upgrades. Full service history, owners club member for 7 years etc. Car was super cheap and I was considering it for a track car.

Main problem is I don't have a trailer or a 4x4 so the car would need to be road legal. With my 9 years NCB tied up on my Alfa I was having to get quotes without any NCB at all. As you can imagine now that Imprezas are so cheap the premiums are sky-high as every little chav seems to want one.

So despite the fact I've owned a 400bhp Skyline, a 306 Rallye and a 156 GTA in the last 4 years and haven't had a single accident in my 9 years on the road the few companies that were actually willing to quote we coming up with figures of around £2000!!! Yes, that's on a 3rd party policy with limited mileage of 1000 miles (e.g to and from Knockhill!)

No. ****ing. Way

Never mind, I'll have to find something else to spend my money on now....

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I know exactly how you feel bud.

My Skyline is a track car these days, trying to get reasonable quotes to insure to and from the track was a nightmare (Dan did come up with a belter for me though).

In the end though, I decided to just buy a 4x4 and hire a trailer. Would've been a much cheaper option in the long run if the 4x4 hadn't just died! :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts