Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gold Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, who does everyone go through for insurance whilst BFG registered?

I am nearly complete in building my car and want to put my car on the road for March for the summer.

Please if I can ask for company names and contact details if known.

Cheers guys

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Try NAAFI mate, they're pretty good when we're overseas.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
They dont normally do imports mate, had massive drama's with them.
But surely everyone who takes their Brit car with them is technically driving an import? That's the route I'd take with them ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
But surely everyone who takes their Brit car with them is technically driving an import? That's the route I'd take with them ;)
Yep and they charge a massive amount to do that. NAAFI quoted me, for my Astra 1.7 diesel £790, now bare in mind married 34 years old, full NCB and NO points. They are a rip off, and they say that it ok as the car has EU type approval, so cant use the import thing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
NAAFI does do import skylines i was with them when i first arrived in bfg land got my 34 insurred for around £800 with tracker fitted but they are a pain so moved onto Allianz now pay around 750 euro for me and wife to drive.

They have an english speaking rep in Javelin Brks try them for a quote 02163 5711740 normal working hours though

Large excess though mine is a 1000 euro so if you break it then break it good lol

On the plus side its a german company so ring insurance is included

·
Registered
235 Posts
NAAFI does do import skylines i was with them when i first arrived in bfg land got my 34 insurred for around £800 with tracker fitted but they are a pain so moved onto Allianz now pay around 750 euro for me and wife to drive.

They have an english speaking rep in Javelin Brks try them for a quote 02163 5711740 normal working hours though

Large excess though mine is a 1000 euro so if you break it then break it good lol

On the plus side its a german company so ring insurance is included
That must be a recent thing as tried to insure EVO6 Tommi Maki import and they told me that they didnt do imports but that was 2 and bit years ago. I stand corrected

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Guys,

if You´re talking about insuring a vehicle in Germany You may get definetely better rates when insuring with a German Company like the HUK-Coburg or HUK-Direct.

I do hope the following infos do help.

There are several good reasons for that:
1. compared with non German insurances You won´t get any better rates (I know how expensive it is in Britain to insure a Skyline)
2. Members of NATO-forces will get a special discount
3. all liability and collision damage (if insured) is fully covered within the EEC
4. Your former insurance accident free bonuses will be accepted
5. German Insurances insure Skylines like a Nissan 200 SX Type S13/S14

Cheers, Ralf

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
I have had a Good quote from Forces Financial........ 0080033221101 is there number from UK or Germany.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts