Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Tried to change my insurance over today but they said it's not on uk's database so can't insure it.
They also tried going by nissan - skyline - 350gt and not reg but 'there no car of this type in the uk'.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
Tried to change my insurance over today but they said it's not on uk's database so can't insure it.
They also tried going by nissan - skyline - 350gt and not reg but 'there no car of this type in the uk'.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.
What's the car registered as on the paperwork?

Mines down as a 'nissan coupe'. A lot of insurers were funny when I was going through it all. Ended up going with sky insurance. Reasonable price and they knew what car it was.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the car registered as on the paperwork?

Mines down as a 'nissan coupe'. A lot of insurers were funny when I was going through it all. Ended up going with sky insurance. Reasonable price and they knew what car it was.

Hi, yes mine's the same 'nissan coupe' on v5. Is this just what you told them?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
Unfortunately some underwriters that the insurance companies use just don't cover or list the 350GT, try a different insurance company, some try and list them as 350Zs but this is not a good option, most average companies don't bother with them as they are expensive to fix and parts are a problem, so class them as high risk, and as a result they get regularly written off with minimal damage because of this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, yes mine's the same 'nissan coupe' on v5. Is this just what you told them?

Thanks.
I told them that's what it's registered as but then told them what the car actually was and that it shares some parts with the 350z blah blah blah. Like I said, sky was the best company in my experience, a lot of others wouldn't quote because it's a grey import or whatever excuse they decided

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I had the same problem insuring the 370, after waiting nearly 6 months to get the car imported and registered only to find out couldn't get insured(major panic).
The annoying thing was I had the 350gt insured with admiral for 4 years and not a problem,
Ended up going to Lloyd Latchford got a really good deal with them....

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
My 350 was originally insured with Aplan grey imports dept and then been with Admiral for the last 3-4yrs....no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 350 was originally insured with Aplan grey imports dept and then been with Admiral for the last 3-4yrs....no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok i will give both of them a try as well.

Good luck with your sell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts