Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I've been hunting for a quote, but seem to be getting really high prices. A couple of companies (Adrian Flux and Sky) have mentioned that I 'haven't got experience with a powerful car'. I've owned my Astra Turbo for the past 2 years, I'd say it's powerful enough (200hp) to have a little experience!

I'm 22, held my licence for 4 years and 9 months, Will have 5 years NCB in October, have 3 points on my licence (SP30). Would like fully comp on a 1995 R33 GTS-T.

Of the people who have quoted me, the cheapest has been £2200. Would my 3 points really push my quote up because it seems quite a few people my age are paying less than me!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Usually 3 points is ignored in my experience, in fact some now ignore 6 thanks to the governments roadside money-boxes!

Have you tried A-Plan see the discount insurance deals thread and good luck.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually 3 points is ignored in my experience, in fact some now ignore 6 thanks to the governments roadside money-boxes!

Have you tried A-Plan see the discount insurance deals thread and good luck.
Yep, as of this weekend just gone they've stopped insuring anyone under 23.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hmmm, get yourself off down the newsagents, buy a jap car mag, sit down by the phone, turn to the back and get dialling mate. Pain in the ar*e, but just have to go for it. I'm sure there must be someone out there who'd insure you, also have a look at the 'list of people's quotes' which might give you some ideas.

As I said, good luck with it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Cool, that's not bad, my renewal was £801 until I shopped around!

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Having been quoted £2000 and over by most insurance companys (R32GTST, 21 with 2NCB) I filled in the bits on greenlights webpage yesterday and got a quote e-mailed today to me for just a little over £1300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must have filled something in wrong and if i havn't i can't believe my luck. Unfortuntly they are closed tomorrow so i can't ring up and find out if it's right or not. If it's right i'll be so happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts