Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know bought a skyline gtst dad went to insure it as his second car so i could drive it also everyone told me to try adrian
fluc so tried them
and at 56 with 10+protected no claims they were looking 5grand is it just me or does anyone else think its ridiculas who insures them?

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Speak to a-plan thru dan in our insurance section

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in northern ireland and a few people have said classic insurance also for skyline mate paid 650 quid for his gts and had to declare a modification of the turbo being taken off lol second car also rang dan and getting a call back hope its good price

·
Terry
2,073 Posts
As you all know bought a skyline gtst dad went to insure it as his second car so i could drive it also everyone told me to try adrian
fluc so tried them
and at 56 with 10+protected no claims they were looking 5grand is it just me or does anyone else think its ridiculas who insures them?
Bang out of order I am 54 and pay Adrian Flux £435 per annum so they can do better, maybe its your post code causing an issue or they see you as an issue being second/named driver

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
what your dad is doing is called 'fronting'. when dads are insuring a sports car as a second car and there is a young driver on there they will rate the car on the youngest driver in most cases.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Thing is mate, you can't make up shite as you go along. Doesn't really work like that.

Wait for "Dan" to call you back with a quote. If it's the same high amount you'll know that there is an issue with your postcode. If umpteen skylines/high performance cars have been stolen from with a mile of your house, stands to reason why it's high to insure.

·
REGISTERED RB26 ABUSER
231 Posts
kieth michaels are good...mine was £480 with 9 yrs no claim..i,m 46...you do know you can only use your no claims on one vehicle

·
REGISTERED RB26 ABUSER
231 Posts
i dont get that!!!!!...are people from some profesions better drivers than others??????????????...answer=no.....are people that dont smoke better drivers,no....my insurance went down a bit when i moved 6 miles!?!?!?...do you live in a war zone?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.