Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to get insurance for a car if it has no road tax and mot?

The reason why im asking is that my mums volvo insurance has come to and end but also mot and road tax has just come to an end too but my mum is away for a few weeks so its currently sitting SORN.

Our driveway is at a corner and 2 nights ago i watched a car slowly come down the street and when turning infront of our driveway it slipped on black ice? and slowly headed towards the volvo. Luckily the kerb was high and the persons car just bumped into the kerb and stopped.

My mum has just asked me to get it insured incase someone does slip into it (we cant park it anywhere else) but will insurance companies cover it or will i need to go get MOT and road tax?

·
South Wales Area Rep
310 Posts
yeh u can get it insured mate BUT if its sorn and sittin on the road and gets bumped insurers wont pay out. also i would get it moved coz police will have it towed if its on a public road whilst sitting sorn so move it if i were u or it may be crushed

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Is it possible to get insurance for a car if it has no road tax and mot?

The reason why im asking is that my mums volvo insurance has come to and end but also mot and road tax has just come to an end too but my mum is away for a few weeks so its currently sitting SORN.

Our driveway is at a corner and 2 nights ago i watched a car slowly come down the street and when turning infront of our driveway it slipped on black ice? and slowly headed towards the volvo. Luckily the kerb was high and the persons car just bumped into the kerb and stopped.

My mum has just asked me to get it insured incase someone does slip into it (we cant park it anywhere else) but will insurance companies cover it or will i need to go get MOT and road tax?
PM me your phone number mate and I will call you and give you the legal view.

Regards

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.