Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it go up much if you have a body kit fitted? expensive as im 23 not sure if i should tell them

·
Hello
1,540 Posts
Yep exactly as above, insurers will find any way they can to get out of paying out on a policy so if your car is modified and you haven't declared it you'll be screwed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
does it go up much if you have a body kit fitted? expensive as im 23 not sure if i should tell them
If you don't mind me asking how much is your insurance? Didn't think I would be able to get insured on a skyline till I was 25. 21 at the mo

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
adrian flux im with paying £1200 third party
been with then since 18 was £3800 when first got it .... its mad

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
havent told them about engine mods either scared wont get insured but running 600bhp so feel i should

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not being funny but if you cant afford the insursnce then dont do it. In my books that puts you on a par with the assholes that dont bother atall. If you crash there still not going to pay out, which means the person you hit will be screwed aswell.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Erm, I suggest you do one of three things.

1. Don't bother driving it
2. Tell your insurance company and face the charge
3. Detune it untill you can afford it.

Third party would still get a payout I imagine, but I'm guessing they'll come after you for the money!

·
12,294 Posts
Nope, he'd be classed as an uninsured driver so nobody would get paid out. What the hell is wrong with some people, if they can't afford it then don't have it. Diddums. Funny that you can afford for it to have been that modified to that extent. It's selfish to just think that if you bend it then that's your problem. What about if you take someone else out with you? They'd lose their car with no payout unless they claim off their own insurance, so either way they're ****ed. Nice one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
881 Posts
As above, you can't really moan about insurance if you're not paying for half of what you're supposed to. Why not save the £1200 and cancel your policy, it's worth nothing anyway.

·
Registered
156 Posts
And as a side note, the best thing to do if your going to drive around with a policy thats not worth a w*nk because you havent declared mods, would be to spread it across a public forum that police and your insurance company can see. All round top class inteligence.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts