Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lads, new to this sight, haven't actually bought the skyline yet as no insurance is willing to cover that type of car. Ive a Toyota altezza atm, insured with Aviva, 1400 fully comp. they want an extra 700 for the remaning 7 months left on my insurance and down grading me to 3rd party f+t to cover the skyline, I find this baffling when its bacially the same as the altezza, 2L JAP IMPORT, Think I rang every irish insurance company and all said the skyline is a high grade jap import risk. Cant seem to get cover anywhere, so just asking who are ye covered with, what ye paying. Always wanted the skyline and now seems imposable ha,

·
West Ireland Area Rep
99 Posts
Very very hard get new Insurance on a skyline (even jap imports in general) for a new policy. Most no longer cover them unless on a existing policy.
Even the 2.0 n/a is classed high performance even tho it has small power. AXA insure them directly but not sure if you have to be over a certain age (who I'm with). Also xs direct cover them but with a crazy excess. Other option if it's a 94/95 reg is to look at covering it under a classic policy but only viable if you're not going to drive it daily as most have mileage restrictions. Insurance here on skylines suck big time.

Liberty/123/Allianz & most online sites won't cover skylines full stop....You'll need to ring around to try get cover.

And welcome to the club....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya axa said I'd to be over 30 , the car is 00 reg so wouldn't get classic , looks like the only option is either go with my own ins or hold off a few yrs, love the skylines tho, would never look at another car if I had 1 ha, sorry aswell never put up an into, thought it was pointless when I didn't own a skyline ha never heard of campion must try them thanks :D

·
3,402 Posts
If you had to you could always just buy a really cheap car and just get open insurance in it, you would have to put the skyline in someone elses name and possibly insure/tax/nct it but might work out abit cheaper than getting a policy by yourself, that's what I had to do anyway

Not illegal but frowned upon by gardai :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts