Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My motortrade policy will only insure an "import Skyline" third party only.:mad:

So I have to start a new policy with zero no claims bonus.
The search begins...................

I will start with Liverpool & Victoria= £1254.90
Norwich Union (who the trade policy is with) = £4660.13:wtf:
Insure shop = £1100.92
Tesco's = £1425 and must have a Tracker
Kieth Michaels = £1080
Osborne & Sons = £1795
Direct Line = £837 and must have a Tracker
Adrian Flux = £1670

The rest are going to phone me on Monday, my problem is that I have no NCD due to being on a company policy for years. Direct line however, will accept a letter from my company stating that I have had no claims in the last 5 years and they will then give me 5 years NCD.:D

·
Banned
852 Posts
I'm with Osborne and sons, me and my wife, fully comp £850. Got my renewal in yesterday, same price so I did a bit of shopping around (phoned every insurance company in the back of Banzai magazine)and so far I haven't got a quote under £1200.

Ive still to try Tesco's etc.

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried Tesco's......but their site is down at the moment, I'll try later tonight.

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Tried IF (insurance factory)? their quote was almost as good as Osbornes. Also got a good quote from Direct Line but they like Tesco's want Cat 1 imobiliser and a Tracker.

·
Old Git
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try IF on Monday, but it looks like it will be Direct Line and I will have to fit a Tracker.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I couldnt get a quote under £1000 either, going to be even more next year now I have 6 points to add to the mix :(

I paid £1060 with Keith Michaels with CAT1 alarm only...

·
Mmmmm KPG-C10
1,977 Posts
Priv.

I used Priveledge, purely as they were the only comp. to insure me. Had to get a tracker fitted, thatch. alarm/imob, but was just under £1000 fully comp with protected. So I had no choice!!!!

They have really pi$$ed me off now tho, dont know their arse from their head, their service is sickening, and after being with them for over 4yrs, without a single claim, they treat me like scum! I HATE INSURANCE COMPS!!!

Going to change VERY shortly..............:mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not happy

:(
I've tried a lot out of jap car magazine's the cheapiest i got was £6051.00, i was a bit humoured that there was no pence on the end:)

·
SOC Logo Champ
602 Posts
Re: Not happy

jin said:
:(
I've tried a lot out of jap car magazine's the cheapiest i got was £6051.00, i was a bit humoured that there was no pence on the end:)
£6051 !!! are you using the Blackbird Leys Valet Parking Service ?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Making you fit a Tracker is a bloody joke on a car valued at around 10 - 12k. By the time you add the cost of the Tracker and fitting plus the subscription you might as well pay a bit more on the premium.

Check out the excess as well, some of them want 400 - 700 quid,

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well I was feeling bad about getting older, Whippersnappers! But age has some advantages.

£481.95, fully comp for the Skyline (4500 miles per year)
£277.13 third party for my day to day runaround.

Don't it just make you sick!!

Maybe you should try Basildon Insurance - 01268 270886

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I am sorted, as I am slightly older than the average of most people on here. I pay £550 from Liv Vic. I was just expressing my opinion on the Tracker situation.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Am currently trying to get a quote for a heavily moddified GTS import. No one will touch it, the fact that it's worth less than my current car with I only pay around £600 for is rediculous.

Has any one had any luck with modded cars, do you tell the insurance company everything and if so which companies are still listening after you spent 10 minutes listing all the after market stuff.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
tesco charged me 980 this year.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Has any one had any luck with modded cars, do you tell the insurance company everything and if so which companies are still listening after you spent 10 minutes listing all the after market stuff. [/B]
Try Liverpool Victoria - they were not fussed about the mods on mine at all and do not charge a premium for mods at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts