Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am having remote start fitted this coming Monday for Clifford Concept 600. I have been told by guy fitting that HKS turbo timer will not work with this system. Is there truth in this?

The only way round turbo timer headache is to use timed relays so car arms after 1 min.

I would really like to use turbo timer in car.

Has anyone got same or similar system fitted?

Cheers guys!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
you can get alarm systems with remote start and turbo timer built into them.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
clifford 650

Hes right i had the same problem when i had my clifford concept 650 done so i had the turbo timer option fitted for an extra £50. It doesnt work from boost it has to be preset from 1-5mins but u can stop it with the fob wen u think its had enough if u dont want to wait that long. Mines set at 1.30mins an the good thing is the alarm is still armed and the car is insured as long as the alarm has been switched on. Does the alarm have blackjax? if not get it cos if they do take the car if they dont know the code it cuts the car dead. Just dont do wot i did an shut the doors when the car is running an rev the engine from under the bonnet an lock myself out the car. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I was going to say its total bollox. I have a clifford and HKS TTimer. Guys at the fitting place said I could use xxx amount of relays. ie. Remote headlights on/off, turbo timer hook up etc.

Never had a problem with my hks and clifford.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i wouldent let these clifford monkeys any where near my car....
my mate had a concept 600 fitted just after christmas by clifford, i was there when the guy shows up to fit it, (my mate has an impreza)

so anyway, this guy turns up 4 hours late in a battered old mondeo wearing ripped jeans and basically looking scruffy...he takes all day to do the alarm because he wired it up wrong the first 7 or 8 times, then he says, all done mate... great nice one... my mate looks in his car to find his boost controller hanging off, his indicators dont work on 1 side, his a pillar pods x3 have all stopped working???
so he phones the guy up to sort it out, and he puts the phone down on him and says it was like that to start with...
great i thought...all this for like £600, he phoned up clifford direct in the end and got it all sorted but its a really poor service in my experiance...id keep your eye on him mate when he does your car.

cheers, paul.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Fair comment,but ive known these guys for years and had countless audio installs done.These guys know wot theyre doin.

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Deggers, So you have KHS turbo timer fitted and wrking 100% OK?

Guy in audio electrix shop said i should use relays instead. I really wanted turbo timer fitted.

Is there any work around for timer to work when system is armed? Or is this just impossible?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Deggers, So you have KHS turbo timer fitted and wrking 100% OK?

Guy in audio electrix shop said i should use relays instead. I really wanted turbo timer fitted.

Is there any work around for timer to work when system is armed? Or is this just impossible?

Cheers!
Yes working fine. When the Timer is on I get out of the car, press a button on the alarm fob first, then the lock button. Alarm arms, engine still runs until shut down. I added Intellistart as a seperate option a couple of months later, so if I shut it down in this fashion now, it arms intellistart.

The cliffords can accomodate xxx amount of added options. ie. Auto headlights, auto boot open etc, they just program the key presses on the keyfob to whatever they want it to do into the clifford unit using the clifford software.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts