Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got e-mailed instructions off a company who can send me an intercooler but i just wanna check that the instructions are ok.

It says i have to cut the bolt bit sticking out of the front fan, cut the fan blades down on the inside and drill a 3 inch hole in the wheel arch under the washer bottle for the pipework to come back into the engine bay :dunno:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
sounds about right.... BUT

You could buy a japspeed intercooler, or a greddy type m... You dont have to trim the fan blades.... Which i wouldnt do at all..

On the front fan you have bits of plastic sticking out.. You chop them off and the ic will sit flush....
The hole for piping is easy too... Just make sure you get it in the right place lol... :D

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Yep sounds about right.

The bolt is on the Aircon fan. It sticks out just enough to foul the intercooler, its actaully not a bolt but a hole for a bolt. Mine had nothing fitted to it so it wasn't a problem.

The viscous fan blades need to be cut only a few cm's squared.

And as for teh hole, yep, just under the water bottle. Angle grinder or hole cutter come in uesful here

·
Registered
28 Posts
I Fitted The Greddy Intercooler To Mine, Cut The Hole In The Inner Wing For The Pipe All Fitted O.K, Cleared The Fan Blades By Miles, Untill I Tried To Get The Bumper On.
I Had To Cut Loads Off The Metal Support Bracket & Loads Of The Plastic Inside Of The Bumper. I Spent 2 Hours With The Angle Grinder!!
Mine Was A Standard GTS Spec 1 Front Bumper

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Ahh yes cutting into the bumper support bar. Probable the hardest part of the job as its quite thick metal. Sparks flying from my angle grinder burnt a hole inmy cheapo jacket

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
yes you nedd to remove a lot of the bumper iron, angle grinder is the best tool for the job
and i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who has set fire to myself whilst useing one:eek:

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
A bottle of water by the side of you whenever using and angle grinder is always a good idea...

plus if my memory serves me correct the foam that's located around the Air-con rad catches fire particularly easily.....

·
R32 2 R33 2 R34 ZTUNE PLZ
382 Posts
A chap on my local club site has done a pic by pic fitting of a Intercooler might be worth joining and having a look.
let me know and will send you right direction.

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
make sure you trim just a corner of one blade, and use that as a template for the others. its very easy, and takes 10mins.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Does anyone else have the same problem with heatsoak from the rad onto the pipe from the intercooler?

Mines gets hot on the pipework over the fan surely that cant be good?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts