Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intelligent Intercooler Water Spray Controller Module (BOXED)
The Labtronics / AutoSpeed intercooler water spray controller actually analyses driver behaviour and intercooler temperatures and then decides exactly when and for how long to work the spray.

The above forsale

To buy direct from Autospeed it will cost you Australian $222.20 plus import tax and shipping

It will cost you over £120 to get this.

I have one for sale, its brand new not used complete with all wiring. You will need to supply a pump, hoses and spray jets.

I want £80 for it

·
Registered
161 Posts
They use methanol i believe with other spray systems that go into the engine, whether or not that would work on a intercooler spray system?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Its an external job to cool the intercooler via the magic of evaporation and other physics stuff. Tiggs probably wants CO2 cos that is what she is like.

·
Registered
952 Posts
i think we are talking about two different things. this sounds like direct water spray onto the intercooler like buster said but what your reffering to is methanol injection which is shot direct into the engine via a drilled hole which basically does hardly anything except increase torque slightly and improved economy.

i think anyways.

methanol injections actually retails at about 280 fitted.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Water spray onto the intercooler itself was discussed at length on SDU, and I've seen it discussed elsewhere also. Might have a copy of a very goos article on it somewhere at home.

Its basically only effective when the cooler is hot (obviously), and to summarise, I understand it works best to use the spray when about to run, for example at the lights or something, when the heat has built up due to no airflow. Then, its effective.

Using it whilst moving won't produce much benefit.

An Intelligent system, should obviously be cleverer than me. I built mine out of bits from halfords.....

Methanol injection has many uses in piston engines. Origins are from WWII aircraft engines, either turbo or supercharged. They used water/methanol injection to allow increased boost for power when necessary, or to maintain boost (compensating from reducing air pressure with increasing altitude) while keeping cylinder head temps within limits.

It effectively cools the cylindersI believe (though I did this theory crap years ago), again allowing more boost etc within the engine's design limits.
Plus, the methanols burns too. Mix has gotta be right though, or it screws with the flame front, cue lotsa bad ****.

Anyways, hijack over. Just remembered that this is a for sale thread. But, since I typed it all anyways, someone may find it useful.

Sorry.

(Oh, and it could be bollocks, still on the medication ;) )

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Yeah, just thought I would elaborate. And the methanol thru a hole in the block could be interesting....... Various ways of applying it depending on various factors. Anyways,

Good luck with the sale matey, I'm gonna fcuk off from hijacking your thread now.

Sounds like a top bit of kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts