Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you reckon ?

I have bought a GTS windscreen wiper bottle with 2 nr pumps (front & rear) and my GTS only has a front wiper.

So wire up a switch in cockpit and plumb water pipe to unused pump. Then have a nozzle on pipe aimed at intercooler and sorted !

I believe some Mitsubishi Evo's have this as standard.

Its a cheap mod but is it worth doing or just a waste of time ?;)

Simon

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Water Spray Continued

Rob

Have been keeping an eye on that thread and admittedly a control box sounds the tool but due to incoming GTR wheels am on a budget !!

I have all necessary items except the nozzle but not sure where to get this (aquatic / garden centre type people?).

Am I correct to assume a mist of water would be preferable to a jet.

Si

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
better than a nice water leak from a stone through your rad onto the back of the intercooler :)

On a serious note I think this only really works on high boost or hot days and you cant control your right foot and want to reduce inlet temps.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I/C Sprayer

Unfortunately my intercooler is in the wrong position to be flooded by escaping coolant;)

Front mount not fitted (yet!).

I am running slightly higher boost and I wish it was only the warm days I couldn't control my right foot:)

More Optimax anyone ?

Si

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can build yourself one a lot cheaper if you can solder... if you get stuck PM me and ill point you in the right direction.. in fact ill price it up as a matter of cause..

ADA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts