Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I fancied a change from the cream upper interior so decided to re-trim it all. I removed and painted all the plastic parts black, did the pillars, grab handle and visors in a grey and black Paisley, and the roof in a different material that was originally white but I dyed grey.
The visors took about 2 1/2 hours each to strip down and then cut and hand stitch the material to fit, the rest is all fabric spray glue.
The centre light and blanks above the seatbelts are black now too I just haven't got any pictures with those done yet.
Not going to be to everyone's taste but I love it!

And all the lower trim vinyl wrapped in body colour a while back...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well not my taste in print but wow!! Looks good!! Id been wanting to do this since i got in a focus st and the headliner was black, so howd you get the headliner off? And howd u attach the new fabric to the pillars? Im glad you went and did this, had a few looks for people doing this without much great detailed luck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks good.
The colour seems to match the seats as well.
What type of paint did you use for the plastics?

On a side note, I think I can remember you were looking into getting your windscreen replaced. Have you you had it done yet?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nick, to get the headliner off you need to remove all pillar trims including unbolting the seatbelts at the top, remove the grab handle, card holders, visors, centre light and the liner is clipped in at the back. The fabric is attached to the pillars with fabric / vinyl / carpet spray glue, an even coating on both surfaces. Not gonna lie its fiddly and takes many hours. The visors took 2 1/2 hours each and about 1 1/2 for each b/c pillar trim.

Gillywig yeah the idea was to get it to match the seats and door card suede. I used plastikote satin black, got 2 cans and have about half a can left over.

Yeah the windscreen was replaced I just got it done through insurance, took them a few weeks to source one but they did it no problems.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! I've started pulling the other stuff off and replacing it with the same as the roof liner now, decided I wasn't feeling it 100%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts